Sign in to follow this  

Help me price my 2013 CRF please...

So Im considering selling my CRF to buy a 2014.5 New Edition KLR (I know)...I was wondering if you guys could help me put a number on it.

Its a 2013 CRF w/ 1600 miles on it and is in perfect condition.

Here is the list of mods...

1. White OEM Plastics from thailand w/ graphics

2. Seat Concepts complete seat

3. Renthal Bars

4. Manracks Rack

5. FMF Q4 Exhaust

6. 13T front sprocket

7. Zeta disc guard, chain guards, engine plug kit, Oil Filter cover, drain plug, master cylinder cover, line clamp, and axle blocks

8. ZETA Shorty levers

9. Ricochet Skid Plate

10. Wolfman Tail bag

11. Flatlands Radiator guard

12. DRC Footpegs

13. Hammerhead folding lever

14. DRD Speedo Calibrator

15. FMF Mega bomb

16. EJK Kit

I was hoping you could give me an idea of what you think. I have all the stock parts, new OEM brakes frt and rear, filters, as well as the service manual that would be included with the sale.  Here is a pic. I have a number in mind but i'm not sure if its out of line. There are currently none available in my area. Thanks!!

CRF.jpg

Edited by Brk4moose

Your best bet is to put the bike back to stock and hope for $4,000.00 

Then list your aftermarket stuff here in the classifieds and hope for a 50% or better return on your parts. 

Most people will not pay you extra for your mods unless you get very very lucky and find someone that wants all that. Trouble is most people will not know what they want until they have rode it stock for awhile.  

Or you could just put a 305 kit on it and keep it ....  :banana:   it sounds to me like you got a nice bike already ...  :thumbsup:

just my thoughts on the subject ...  :cheers:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 3

Your best bet is to put the bike back to stock and hope for $4,000.00 

Then list your aftermarket stuff here in the classifieds and hope for a 50% or better return on your parts. 

Most people will not pay you extra for your mods unless you get very very lucky and find someone that wants all that. Trouble is most people will not know what they want until they have rode it stock for awhile.  

Or you could just put a 305 kit on it and keep it ....  :banana:   it sounds to me like you got a nice bike already ...  :thumbsup:

just my thoughts on the subject ...  :cheers:

I thought about that but was curious on unloading it as is.

• Like 1

How bout finding a Dealer that carries both??Might work a deal?/ I agree with Gary as to taking it back to stock and selling US the mod parts?? :devil::excuseme:

I thought about that but was curious on unloading it as is.

You could add up all your ad on's  .... subtract 40% from that number then add $4,000.00 and see what that number is. Because that is still taking a big hit on such a new machine and it may surprise you how high that number is. Then I think at least you would have some real world numbers to show any prospective buyer. 

you probably have close to $6,700.00 invested so far (or more) and if you sold it for $5,020.00 that would be a good deal for anybody around here but, you are out $1,700.00 and no matter how fair and cheap $5,020.00 seems to us .... most of the peeps looking are going to think they can buy a new one for $4,699.00 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

Put it back to stone stock and sell everything you took off of it.  Don't put it in a post(not allowed), list the parts in your sig and handle via pms.  See the FAQ section for details.

I'm guessing you plan on doing some long distance rides???

• Like 2

Put it back to stone stock and sell everything you took off of it. Don't put it in a post(not allowed), list the parts in your sig and handle via pms. See the FAQ section for details.

I'm guessing you plan on doing some long distance rides???

Yeah. My family has a place in Prince Edward Island. It's 600 miles from here but I used to take my 2002 klr up there. I may just keep the CRF who knows.

• Like 3

Yeah. My family has a place in Prince Edward Island. It's 600 miles from here but I used to take my 2002 klr up there. I may just keep the CRF who knows.

Keep it !!! .....  :smirk:

You are a true candidate for the 305 if I ever saw one .....  :p

I will be completely honest with you here .... the 305 is not near as smooth as the stock 250 engine but, the thing truly hauls butt ... :thumbsup:  The power is definitely on demand and is there when ever you need it with little more than a blip of the throttle. It will also leave you with the feeling of doubt .... I still have a feeling of being unsure about this 305 but, so far it has never let me down and I feel more and more confidence with every ride be it on or off road. 

I honestly do not feel as tho I could go back to the stock 250 ... it would be boring and just plain suck all around. 

I kinda look at it like this with the 305 .....  13/40's will give you the highway speeds of most bigger bore Dual Sport bikes such as the KLR .... 13/42's still leaves you with some highway ability and improves your single track experience .... I now have 13/44's and have no problem with short highway jaunts or extended travels and the thing is a beast off road and will rip up the single track and blow away the KLR/DRZ bikes in the woods .... 13/48's will probably put you in the MX ripping up the track category provided you have the suspension to handle it ... . :thumbsup:

as always it really comes down to where and how we want to ride .... Positron does long range high speed sport rides with the big boys on his 305 ...  :ride:

• Like 2