Sign in to follow this  

Best Exhaust for 2002 Honda XR200R

Hi Team,

I just want to know which is the best exhaust for a Honda 2002 Honda XR200. Which brand/style do you recommend.

I really appreciate your recomendation on this.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on what you want.

Stock is the quietest if it has the insert and the little tip. This is the stealthy version that I prefer.

Others are louder and from my tests and reviewing dyno reports do not add any power.

Throttle response and bottom end torque can be increased with some systems but the noise level goes up.

I had an FMF and thankfully was able to trade it for stock.....stealth mode for me. The loud pipe was cool for mobbing around but that loud thing gets tiring if you plan on riding for a few hours at a time.

Thanks for your replies. The idea to change the stock exhaust to another one is because most of the people told me, that I will get more power and speed with another different that the stock like the FMF, Yoshimura or Procircuit for example, but I do not know if it will be considerable spend $200-$300 on it, versus the benefits I will obtain.

Another question, currently my bike is running a 52T sprocket, which do you consider good to be the fastest without lose much torque?.

Thanks

Stock is 47/13 for a 3.6:1 final drive ratio,  A 52 is a 10% reduction to that, you'll lose about 7mph top speed but have a lower first gear.  47/12 is nearly as much reduction at 8% and IMO a better solution, see next.

I found that 49 is the biggest rear sprocket that will fit the stock chain guide, which I think is needed to prevent chain derailment.

Since a stock 02 XR200 has a 17" rear tire I think the stock 47/13 is a good gearing choice for most riding situations.  An 18" tire increases overall gearing just about one countershaft sprocket tooth, so dropping to a 12 tooth just about equals out the bigger tire.   I run 49/12 with 18" tires, but because of the increase in torque with a 218 engine I run 49/13 with an even bigger 4.00R18 rear tire.

I bought an XR's Only complete pipe for mine and am very impressed.

It's not loud enough to be obnoxious  and really wakes the bike up.

The slip on's still use the small OD stock header pipe.