Sign in to follow this  

What kind of grips do you use?

Reason why I am asking is because my pro grip full waffles have already wore out. I was thinking tag rebounds. I need something durable

renthal dual compound kevlar.

Used to be on the pillow top band wagon, but jumped off. And they were never durable, they just felt good.

• Like 1

Reason why I am asking is because my pro grip full waffles have already wore out. I was thinking tag rebounds. I need something durable

Waffles?  Yummm.

Why don't you just Ebay dat ish'!!  10 bucks for shiny glossy cool looking hand grips!  Come in assorted colors too...... might even have glow in the dark too!

Edited by Honda_Power

KTM grips!

They just handle the best.

Made superior to all the rest!

Edited by ridngslikecrack
  • Like 1

Waffles? Yummm.

Why don't you just Ebay dat ish'!! 10 bucks for shiny glossy cool looking hand grips! Come in assorted colors too...... might even have glow in the dark too!

Here's a pic of HP and his bike.
  • Like 5

KTM grips!

They just handle the best.

Made superior to all the rest!

I got these they show dirt better which means you have to be fast to collect that much dirt on your grips right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scott-USA-Sx2-White-Gray-Handlebar-MX-Grips-Fits-Honda-Crf-Cr-Xr-Dirt-Bikes-/351080019158?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51bdfff4d6&vxp=mtr  :p   And new handguards the super el cheapos but seem pretty strong we will test soon :) 

IMG_2286.JPG

Edited by Beau 88
  • Like 1

The TAG Rebound grips are hands down the best grips I have ever used. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

I got these they show dirt better which means you have to be fast to collect that much dirt on your grips right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scott-USA-Sx2-White-Gray-Handlebar-MX-Grips-Fits-Honda-Crf-Cr-Xr-Dirt-Bikes-/351080019158?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51bdfff4d6&vxp=mtr :p And new handguards the super el cheapos but seem pretty strong we will test soon :)

wow, them's purty!

Per the add,

Dirt bike specific too!

Idk if I could do the white for grips. Would be hell keeping them clean.

• Like 2

wow, them's purty!

Per the add,

Dirt bike specific too!

Idk if I could do the white for grips. Would be hell keeping them clean.

I just wash them as i wash the bike , super clean with pressure washer , them wash all the plastics with a mit and carwash soap , blow it dry with the leaf blower cause i'm impatient and lazy , WD-40 all the moving parts and especially spray the works pipe . That thing will rust as soon as it dries if you don't :( .

• Like 1

Renthal pillow top "lite" grips for me.

You're the second guy on here to mess up on the manufacturer of Pillow Tops. They are made by Pro Taper. The last guy claimed how he loved his " Motion Pro" pillow tops...lol. Oh wait.....that was me :):):)

I do love the pillow tops though. Really do feel like pillows on my hands. I only have about 12 hours on them. I've read they are bad when you get mud on your hands as far as being able to hang on....so we'll see ;)

• Like 2

You're the second guy on here to mess up on the manufacturer of Pillow Tops. They are made by Pro Taper. The last guy claimed how he loved his " Motion Pro" pillow tops...lol. Oh wait.....that was me :):):)

I do love the pillow tops though. Really do feel like pillows on my hands. I only have about 12 hours on them. I've read they are bad when you get mud on your hands as far as being able to hang on....so we'll see ;)

See, I don't like pillow tops!

They just don't feel right when I strangle my handlebars!

• Like 1

See, I don't like pillow tops!

They just don't feel right when I strangle my handlebars!

Well I guess it falls back on whether or not you're used to choking it when it's firm or soft ;)

No but seriously when things get more aggressive I haven't really noticed a disadvantage...

• Like 1

Scott Diamond grips are by far the best I have used. I bought a set and when I installed them I used a tad too much carb cleaner and caused a couple tiny tears in the rubber. I wrote Scott and they sent me a set for free. I figured I would keep the damaged ones on for a couple rides then replace them with the new ones. I bought these in the middle of last season and they are still running strong. I still have the extra set on my counter waiting for me to need them. I will buy another set when the time comes.

Edited by MotoAce51
  • Like 1

Scott Diamond grips are by far the best I have used. I bought a set and when I installed them I used a tad too much carb cleaner and caused a couple tiny tears in the rubber. I wrote Scott and they sent me a set for free. I figured I would keep the damaged ones on for a couple rides then replace them with the new ones. I bought these in the middle of last season and they are still running strong. I still have the extra set on my counter waiting for me to need them. I will buy another set when the time comes.

^^  Thanks for showing us all how to get a 2 for 1 deal!  I shall use your thieving ways next time I'm in need of grips!