Sign in to follow this  

commute on your Z ? Do you go straight home ?

How far do you commute ? And do you go straight home ?

Edited by Masshole DRZ

I do like to use the dizzer as a commuter if I'm on a project where I don't need my truck to haul lumber or tools. I usually stop by the adult bookstore on the way home or stop for a quick peep show before heading home to the Mrs. :o:o

1401497853336.jpg

• Like 6

I do like to use the dizzer as a commuter if I'm on a project where I don't need my truck to haul lumber or tools. I usually stop by the adult bookstore on the way home or stop for a quick peep show before heading home to the Mrs. :o:o

LMMFAO !  :shocked: 

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 2

I commute 9 miles each way through very heavy NYC traffic.  Despite the fact that it isn't exactly legal here I lane split.  Our lanes in NYC are extremely narrow leaving me about an inch between the cars and my bars.  By the time I get home I'm so mentally exhausted from concentrating that I can't even contemplate not going straight home.

20 miles to and from and go just ride home. the ride back is pretty fun as is because of all the lane splitting i do. got to love california!

i recently have been outfitting mine for full-time woods duty, but most of its life i commuted with it, all last year about 35 miles back and forth to work the back way, all paved but more or less its through the forest and theres nothing out there .. not uncommon to see none to a couple of vehicles the whole way ... its rural around here, but the best part is i can swing over to see relatives or friends that almost always live way out on dirt roads .. cant really do that on my streetbikes unless i want my nice bikes sandblasted ...

I work about a mile away from where I live and take a short cut through the nursery on my way there and on the way back.

If we got a recent rain and I won't make dust I'll race around the nursery on my way home. The owners don't care as long as I don't dust their plants or bother the mexicans (they are gone by the time I leave work)

The z just isn't much fun on the road, offroad though.... it's a hoot!

My commute to work is all of 3 kilometers.... sometimes it does take me 45 minutes to get home though...

• Like 1

Back in the late 70`s and early 80`s , townsville ( the australian city that I live in ) had heaps of vacant lots and unused land that was used for trail riding or taking shortcuts . I used to plan my way to and from work through these tracks and areas to make the trip more fun . There is nothing like turning up for work covered in mud , certainly raises some eyebrows . But unfortunately the city has been developed so much now that there is nowhere to ride and no places to take a plesent shortcut through the bushes , boo hoo ,  :cry: greg

• Like 1

my commute is 12 miles, so 24 round trip.

i rarely take my bike to work because of the cold in the morning, but when i do, my afternoon 12 mile commute turns into a 20 or 30 mile commute.  nothing beats taking the long way home on the bike after a hard days work.   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

15mi one way. 30 min in traffic.

or 15min if i take toll but i never do on my bike.

on fridays ill ride through cooks corner just for kicks on my way home. 

on the way to work, too early to be bothered with riding trails. on the way home, trails. always. And not always the most direct trails.. usually whatever i havent gone on for a while. Thankfully there's a vast line of trails that connect the town where i live to the town where i work  :ride:

Edited by k4f5x0r
  • Like 1

20 miles each way, sometimes I hit the fun roads by going to long way home.

• Like 2

I travel about 70kms a day to and from work. 5am is best time to ride, no traffic and it's a bit colder

Yep, I do! When it's warm outside, I commute to university and back (35km each, 70km total). I also travel to different countries, longest I ever did was 700km in one ride.

Needless to say, I still prefer off-road riding. That's why I got it in the first place. :D

• Like 1

I don't take my bikes to work

For fear of the bike not being there at the end of the day .

+1,  and im a plumber,  so carrying a 50 gallon water heater might be a bit tricky.

Strictly weekend warrior here,  unfortunately,  would be cool to be able to ride me Dizzer to work.

+1, and im a plumber, so carrying a 50 gallon water heater might be a bit tricky.

Strictly weekend warrior here, unfortunately, would be cool to be able to ride me Dizzer to work.

excuses you can do it lol
  • Like 1