Sign in to follow this  

Question regarding 2014 RMZ-450

So I just purchased a brand new 2014 from the Suzuki dealer. I bring it home and I get it started by pulling the starter knob. Let it warm up and it idles really high. I have tried turning the knob to slow the idle. But it has no effect. And when I push the knob in. The bike dies immediately. Has anyone had this issue or know how to remedy this. I turned the fuel screw to factory recommendations of 6 clicks counterclockwise from completely clockwise. First time with EFI so maybe I'm not doing something right. Need help. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone

2014 RMZ-450

Take it back and make them fix it... it's a brand new bike. Don't mess with it too much before then. Don't accept the bike back until you are satisfied.

Ok yeah I was going to do that with dealership but if it was something really simple I would just do it instead of bringing back.

Also thx. Good idea. I will post in there.

Sent from my iPhone

2014 RMZ-450

Even if it is a simple this or that .A brand new Bike with any prob's should go back ASAP before responsibility falls on you  . if the neglected to check one thing or the other , makes me wonder how far the oversight goes .

• Like 1

Yeah. I followed the startup procedure to the T. It's nice the new zukes come with a service manual so I did exactly that. I think I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

2014 RMZ-450

• Like 1