Sign in to follow this  

2014 kx450

When you buy a new kx450 are you supposed to get the fork pump from the dealer or does it come from kawi?I just went to the dealer and they said it doesn't come with the pump but they also didn't know it came with the adapter and couplers,those we found in the box with the manual.thinking of pulling the trigger on the kx450.

The air pump is supposed to come with the bike, along with the adapters and the ignition couplers. 

I'm now the proud owner of a 2014 kx450 will be picking it up on Monday but no fork pump,gona have to call kawi and see if they will send me one.

they said they never seen any in any of the bikes,maybe they have been throwing them away without knowing,or they are in the service bay for the techs to use/carry home.I will be asking the service dept Monday for my pump when I pick up the bike.

Make sure you get it. Some dealers will keep them and then turn around and sell them for retail price

My dealer made a deal about me asking for the bar pad.... I said there's no way they don't come with one and almost walked away from the deal because of that. It's just the principle

• Like 2

I rode mine at Cahuilla Creek MX today for the first time and was amazed at how much better it is than my 2010. Night and day difference as far as turning and comfort for me. I dont know why (yet) everyone hates the air forks! Im a slow, 155-160 pound novice; never even checked my pressure because I didnt have the adapter, never changed a single clicker, and rode on it all day... the suspension felt great!

I'm not a racer either but like the power of the mx bike,I read the forks are actually plush feeling so that's what I'm hoping for.I'm gona try them at 32 psi.

got the bike home and no pump,I had them look around for it but nothing.They called kawi but all they got was a voice mail so they said when they find out from them they will let me know.Left the forks at 35 and they seem fine.

still working on it,thanks for the info on the site I will show them this but I'm in Canada and can't find anything like that on the Canadian website.can't see them not giving Canadians the pump but you never know.

looks like we Canadians get the shaft when it comes to getting an air pump,Kawi customer service told me its not included with it here.Kinda unfair as we even have to pay more for the bike compared to the USA,not good business.