Sign in to follow this  

Interesting tidbit...

The crank in my 13' recently went the way of the dodo, more specifically the big end conrod bearing. After doing some pricing, I sent my crank out to have a new rod kit installed. When I got it back, they had used a wiseco kit & sent the box that the rod kit came in also. I started to panic because the box said it was for 05-07 & I know they changed the rod in 08, and again in 13. So before I flipped out, I measured what I could with the new rod installed and checked wiseco's website. They list the 13 as a different item #, but when you click on it they show the same rod applied to 05-13... I hope I'm not missing something, but it appears that even though they've changed rod design twice, they are still interchangeable?

Should have went with a Carrillo and forgot about it. Best rods on the market IMO. I have about 50 more hours that I am willing to put on my stock crank and it will be getting rebuilt with one. 

I run nothing but Wiseco pistons in my 2 strokes but refuse to use their cranks! Just my .02.

Edited by BDubb106

I'll def keep that in mind in the future... Hopefully not the near future though, lol

• Like 1

The 08-12 rod is the same, the 05-07 and 13-14 are the same. That is to say 08-12 is different than the rest. And wiseco rods are junk. I recently saw one go bad in less than 1 hour

• Like 1

Wiseco wouldn't be my first choice,but if they balanced the crank with the piston-i would not be concerned.

The big end bearing fails as do the rods themselves. Nothing good about them