Sign in to follow this  

2002 yz125?

Is this bike a safe buy? This is a picture of the bike.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd467/GullibleGB/8148E1C7-8CFF-4742-9A29-58B9D5ED6618_zpsffsuifrs.jpg

He says it starts up first kick and it's got all new plastics tires and grips. Anything I should ask him that you guys need to know? Or is this not a good bike to buy even in good condition? Etc. Thanks.

Well I'm actually trading him a street bike that I don't want anymore. What questions should I ask him about it that maybe y'all need to know so y'all could see if anything maybe sounded fishy?

Ask about receipts and repairs done.

see what he can offer.

Always always always,

Get a title!

Run vin numbers with local PD!

Check cases and anywhere where the frame has a joint for cracks. Most of the time a weld will before surrounding metal will. Loll at how much crap is over the motor, good indicator to how well it was maintained. Don't let the new plastics and tires draw you in, just another selling technique. What kind of street bike are you trading?

Ask about receipts and repairs done.

see what he can offer.

Always always always,

Get a title!

Run vin numbers with local PD!

what's wrong with buying a bike with no title? Isn't it pretty rare that a seller actually has a title?

Mississippi guy I have a buddy selling an 02 125. I know the bike in and out and I can vouch for it. He did just get the top and bottom end done. He wants 1400. But I'm sure he will take less.

in order to ride the bike at any svra or ohv it needs to be registered, and when you go to sell it registration shows that you own the bike and didn't steal it