Sign in to follow this  

dirtbike + fishing = good time

Decided to rig up a pole holder for an ultra light on the wr and hit up the local creek, no trout but didn't get skunked and mudded overall a good day.  Ride the planet!

20140528_140149.jpg

20140528_133218.jpg

20140528_133222.jpg

20140528_125526.jpg

• Like 4

Can't you just buy those telescopic fishing poles in those infomercials that fits inside your coat pocket? 

Btw, what if someone there decided they wanted to become Ricky Carmichael and decides to 'borrow' your bike?  Kinda risky taking it out there.

cool day man. getting out there and combining passions, making me look lazy just draging my ass to a track haha. and honda power no ones going to steal a bike in the middle of the woods with the owner right next to it fishing.... 

• Like 2

Can't you just buy those telescopic fishing poles in those infomercials that fits inside your coat pocket? 

Btw, what if someone there decided they wanted to become Ricky Carmichael and decides to 'borrow' your bike?  Kinda risky taking it out there.

Funny you said that I was a little sketched out when I rode under a bridge on the way out to try and find a new spot and found little white packets all over the ground and everything was spray painted/tagged, flippin dope fiends are everywhere, that is when I started watching my 6 oclock.  Up until then I felt very safe, the place has changed in the last 20 years

Edited by pavementsurfer

We went out to Moses Lake WA, over the Memorial weekend and had a blast, until the last day anyway. Cought some Walleye and Small Mouth Bass and did a lot of dune riding out there.

• Like 1

Decided to rig up a pole holder for an ultra light on the wr and hit up the local creek, no trout but didn't get skunked and mudded overall a good day. Ride the planet!

Good stuff man, something I used to do often on my DS. If you plan on doing more of that, you WILL break the rod hanging it off the back like that. It's fine in the open but when it gets tight it will contact something. The best solution IMO is get a backpack with straps on the side and a good two piece rod.I looked and looked at rods that would fit the bill, I went with a two piece 4'6" fast action Ugly Stick. When strapped to my riding pack it sticks up about my head hight. I have smacked it on trees, rocks, and the earth, the Stick hasn't broke. Well that's all, Enjoy your summer.

Good stuff man, something I used to do often on my DS. If you plan on doing more of that, you WILL break the rod hanging it off the back like that. It's fine in the open but when it gets tight it will contact something. The best solution IMO is get a backpack with straps on the side and a good two piece rod.I looked and looked at rods that would fit the bill, I went with a two piece 4'6" fast action Ugly Stick. When strapped to my riding pack it sticks up about my head hight. I have smacked it on trees, rocks, and the earth, the Stick hasn't broke. Well that's all, Enjoy your summer.

I thought about that but its an inexpensive rod anyway, not that I want to break it but if it happens, oh well.  If this one goes I'll probably go your route.

We went out to Moses Lake WA, over the Memorial weekend and had a blast, until the last day anyway. Cought some Walleye and Small Mouth Bass and did a lot of dune riding out there.

Nice, sunnys orange bellies and perch were going nuts over beetle larve/grubs.  They are prolific in the ground here one spade shovel full will net 15 of them.  Trout love em too! 

Wrap that fish in foil and wedge between the header pipe and engine.  It will be cooked and ready to eat when you get home.

• Like 5

Decided to rig up a pole holder for an ultra light on the wr and hit up the local creek, no trout but didn't get skunked and mudded overall a good day.  Ride the planet!

Same spot different result today.  Small Mouth!

20140604_125144_3.jpg

20140604_120255.jpg

• Like 2

Nice day.  One of the few reasons I have a quad is carry my crap to the fishing hole.  Doesn't work very well on the bike.

• Like 1

from a place near the continental divide in Montana called Pipestone. 

JNsRanch046.jpg

JNsRanch047.jpg

buddy found a trail

JNsRanch045.jpg

• Like 2

Caught these little guys on a 2 piece 4'.6" ugly stick. Was going to cast for eyes with the light action rod but decided I shouldn't would of been fun and manageable but I switched to a medium action rod for eyes.

1402502010369.jpg

1402502051135.jpg

Same spot different result today.  Small Mouth!

Hate to be this guy, but that's actually a rock bass(one with red eyes) And a little Large Mouth

Hate to be this guy, but that's actually a rock bass(one with red eyes) And a little Large Mouth

I didnt want to tell him, I hate them rockstars