carb leaks fuel out the bottom float bowl tube when I turn on the gas valve.

Just did a total complete fork, LT & RT, rebuild on my 01 cr 250, went to go for a test ride and when I turned on the fuel it leaks out the bottom of the float bowl, through a tube. I have no clue. Can anyone help me please? I displaced the handlebars as part of the rebuild. The throttle cable seems to be hitting its stop properly. I can hear it hit the stop....

Edited by dirty_fun

you either have something stuck in the float needle not allowing it to shut off, Or your float is set incorrectly, Either way you will need to pull the carb off, and see if there is a piece of debris stuck in the float need, it doesn't take much to cause the problem. also check your float level.

OK, I'll check it out. Thx!

You're welcome

Yeah, I found a little plastic looking piece of trash behind the rubber needle valve. But now I found another leak on the fuel tank where a punture was repaired before, next to the forward mount nutplate. I'm gone try some aircraft grade hi temp rvt sealant and let it dry all day then see what happens....

Glad you found the first problem . I install inline fuel filters on all of my bikes just for that reason. Idk if you have one or not, but I recommend putting one on. Its saves a bunch of time on having to pull the carb off.

Hope your rtv works on the tank, I havr used high temp rtv on a chainsaw fuel jug, and it didn't work. You might need to find some that is gas resistance .

good, What was your problem?

well, I picked the piece of trash out of the float needle seat, put it back together, still leaked, so I took the float off again, checked it for leaks, measured the float to edge of mating surface, good there, but the needle tab wasn't in line with the float assy, so then I tweeked the tab which holds the little clip/needle assy, put it back together, no leaks at all and the bike still runs like a beast....the float needle spring may have lost some of its tension, probably needs replaced....