Sign in to follow this  

Race Tech, Spectro fork oil?

Hey guys,

I have a 2013 crf450r and will be changing fork bushings and fluid, bike has 35 hours since last fluid change. I ordered bushings and race tech's Ultra slick fork fluid from race tech's website. Instead they sent me Spectro fork oil sae5, not sure how this happened since they don't seem to offer it on the website. Anyways is this fluid adequate or should I grab some KYB fluid from the dealer? 

Thanks

Hey guys,

I have a 2013 crf450r and will be changing fork bushings and fluid, bike has 35 hours since last fluid change. I ordered bushings and race tech's Ultra slick fork fluid from race tech's website. Instead they sent me Spectro fork oil sae5, not sure how this happened since they don't seem to offer it on the website. Anyways is this fluid adequate or should I grab some KYB fluid from the dealer?

Thanks

probably fine but I've never used it. I stick with KYB

Hope the charged you less as rt oil is expensive

They accidently forgot to pour it in the Racetech bottle for double the $$ before they sent it, haha!   

Sorry, cheap shot, had to take it. 

• Like 1

They accidently forgot to pour it in the Racetech bottle for double the $$ before they sent it, haha!   

Sorry, cheap shot, had to take it. 

Haha, that was a good one and even I laughed at it.

Spectro does blend our oil, but it is a different blend with some different additives from theirs.

I'm also a bit confused as to why you'd get Spectro instead of the RT fluid, I'm looking into this right now and will let you know as soon as I find out why/what happened.

Haha, that was a good one and even I laughed at it.

Spectro does blend our oil, but it is a different blend with some different additives from theirs.

I'm also a bit confused as to why you'd get Spectro instead of the RT fluid, I'm looking into this right now and will let you know as soon as I find out why/what happened.

Yes, and I almost put "Sorry RT Chris" knowing you'd read it eventually. Thx for being a good sport. Frankly, I know how hard it can be to represent a company on social media - half the time people are going to be here to complain about you! But keep on doing what you're doing, I like hearing the insider lowdown, and do believe you're trying to help bridge the gap between customer and company.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I thought I would update what happened. I ended up grabbing some kyb fluid from the local dealer because I'm tight for time and leaving on a 4 day riding trip to Utah tomorrow morning. I called race tech (Brad, who was very pleasant) and he said they shipped the spectro because the ultra slick was back ordered, that would have been fine if they had told me that when they called for payment. The only complaint I have is, the lady who called to collect was short and abrupt, I had a discount code that wasn't applied to the total she gave me and when I asked her for a new total she couldn't give me one. All this could have been avoided if I had the total, a $40 difference is easy to see. They did offer to pay for return shipping but I still want to try the ultra slick so they are sending that out and I'm sending back the spectro and paying the difference. Everyone makes mistakes so whats the point of getting upset, I'll end up with what I ordered. This was my first time ordering from Race Tech, in the future I'll do it over the phone instead of online and get the total before hand. 

Thanks for the replies. I thought I would update what happened. I ended up grabbing some kyb fluid from the local dealer because I'm tight for time and leaving on a 4 day riding trip to Utah tomorrow morning. I called race tech (Brad, who was very pleasant) and he said they shipped the spectro because the ultra slick was back ordered, that would have been fine if they had told me that when they called for payment. The only complaint I have is, the lady who called to collect was short and abrupt, I had a discount code that wasn't applied to the total she gave me and when I asked her for a new total she couldn't give me one. All this could have been avoided if I had the total, a $40 difference is easy to see. They did offer to pay for return shipping but I still want to try the ultra slick so they are sending that out and I'm sending back the spectro and paying the difference. Everyone makes mistakes so whats the point of getting upset, I'll end up with what I ordered. This was my first time ordering from Race Tech, in the future I'll do it over the phone instead of online and get the total before hand. 

Somehow you got answers faster than I did.  If you have any issues, please let me know and I am more than happy to help you out.