Sign in to follow this  

Yz 125 what do your gain with a 144 kit

I see some used 125 with the 144 kit how much do you gain and does it make the bike less reliable or if you what more power just get a 250 two stroke

19cc's

Damn... it looked much better when you were comparing numbers with the 125cc to 144cc.  But saying it's only 19cc, that doesn't seem soo much anymore.  Hahahaha.

I see some used 125 with the 144 kit how much do you gain and does it make the bike less reliable or if you what more power just get a 250 two stroke

More torque and ride ability as well as power.

An altogether win.

May hurt reliability but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

What those 19cc's provide can be substantial though, if done correctly. I had Eric Gorr do my 144 with the Mo Betta porting option and that thing was a riot! It easily had enough grunt to get my 200lbs moving, and the mid-range and top end just pulled, and pulled, and pulled!!! If I was to race MX, I wouldn't hesitate to do it on a 144, as it will teach you how to go fast.

• Like 1

It gives you the power to be able to mess with 250f's especially if your a good 125 rider - power band greatly dictated by how you ask to have it ported and or if you want to run race gas or pump gas. Just boring out to a 144 without proper porting and head mod's will result in much disappointment, I know some one who had an '05 and had it locally bored out to a 134 and no porting work it did almost nothing over stock talk about a waste of cash but he was dumb and wouldn't listen.

To clear up what 15% could mean. My gmc has a 5.3l (328ci) making 315hp says gm. A 15% increase in displacement makes it a 377 if hp corresponded equally ( and it doesn't necessarily ) it would make 362 hp. That's something that would be very noticeable. A 144 kit done by the right hands would be worth it's money. But why not buy a 250 or 500.

Why do a 144? Because nothing is close to handling like an 05+ YZ125 nor quite as light let alone as much fun.

Craigus

• Like 2