Sign in to follow this  

2-Stroke Idle questions.

I've had my first 2-stroke for a few weeks now and love it, I just had an idle question, it seems like just when it's warmed up all the way or after a good big of riding, it almost feels like it has a cam if you know what I mean, I can feel it when I'm rolling(kind've feels like the engine going through revolutions which I think is normal) but then when I stop I could feel it just sounded like a cam, I adjusted the air screw and rev'd it and it did it for like a second coming down off of rev and then flattened out and sounded like normal, the weather has recently changed from cooler to hot, not sure if that has anything to do with it? Anyone have any suggestions? 

Guessing you mean the idle is hanging up or does not have a smooth idle drop.

Could be an air leak leaning it out. Where is the air screw adjusted to?

I've had my first 2-stroke for a few weeks now and love it, I just had an idle question, it seems like just when it's warmed up all the way or after a good big of riding, it almost feels like it has a cam if you know what I mean, I can feel it when I'm rolling(kind've feels like the engine going through revolutions which I think is normal) but then when I stop I could feel it just sounded like a cam, I adjusted the air screw and rev'd it and it did it for like a second coming down off of rev and then flattened out and sounded like normal, the weather has recently changed from cooler to hot, not sure if that has anything to do with it? Anyone have any suggestions?

You may need to rejet.

Just play with the idle setting when the bike is warm and that should be alright. Mine idles differently when it is cold to when it is warm.

Yeah, that's what I did and it seemed to even out it just was a weird sound to me. I don't really think I have an air leak of any kind. Could be wrong though.

Guessing you mean the idle is hanging up or does not have a smooth idle drop.

Could be an air leak leaning it out. Where is the air screw adjusted to?

I think the correct term I saw was "loping"? And its adjusted to 2 turns out, I put it down to 1.7 and adjusted the idle to make it go away. My settings seem pretty good dont they? Edited by KTMin

My 2013 200 XCW idle sounds like a small block chevy with a totally radical camshaft and Hooker headers in it if thats what you mean.

thats what I think he is saying he has too, it is a hanging idle due to being too lean, Usually its the pilot, but it can also be from the part of the needle you were in on an extended partial throttle opening too. Like if you are going up a steep hill and working the motor some and when you stop it gives that high or surging idle for a few seconds to a minute or so. If it does not go back to a regular idle then you need to change something.

Yeah, thanks everyone for the help, turns out it was just a tad bit lean, I've smoothed it out, haven't had a problem now when its warm. I'm relieved. Lol