Sign in to follow this  

Beta for mx and gp

Anyone Mx their beta or race sra style gp stuff? Dave's shop is 1 mile from my house and it's the most logical bike to choose based on logistics and availability, but I ride mx mostly and want to race gp stuff.. I figured mod the suspension and play with gear and it should be decent.. Dave's 300rr is fast and handles great.. Dave = get dirty dirt bikes

• Like 1

Anyone Mx their beta or race sra style gp stuff? Dave's shop is 1 mile from my house and it's the most logical bike to choose based on logistics and availability, but I ride mx mostly and want to race gp stuff.. I figured mod the suspension and play with gear and it should be decent.. Dave's 300rr is fast and handles great.. Dave = get dirty dirt bikes

I was thinking the same thing.. either 2 or 4 stroke too.. the 300 has all the mods necessary from the accessories from what I can see and I figure if you want to race mx with the 4 stroke it's just suspension work . I'm old school where I'd ride my mx bike in the trail offroad racing

. One bike and change settings for each race.. if not just run it.

Cool I would prob get a 300 race edition mainly for the twin chamber forks that are a bit stiffer. Personally I would love to ride a sweet beta at the track, I'm sure I'd get some looks with a headlight doing some whips lol..

• Like 1

I read some of that other thread and some comments regarding the engine made me think, porting changes to the two stroke are all that needed to wake it up, that's not much and keep the 18 inch wheel. I dunno just sounds easy. My cr250 was not very hard to make into a single track monster with porting changes and some suspension mods.. I'd say back to back with Dave's bike I was 80% there a little more tweaking with the suspension and maybee a flywheel and it woulda been good.

Plus I don't actually think the more tractable engine would be bad thing.

• Like 1

I read some of that other thread and some comments regarding the engine made me think, porting changes to the two stroke are all that needed to wake it up, that's not much and keep the 18 inch wheel. I dunno just sounds easy. My cr250 was not very hard to make into a single track monster with porting changes and some suspension mods.. I'd say back to back with Dave's bike I was 80% there a little more tweaking with the suspension and maybee a flywheel and it woulda been good.

Plus I don't actually think the more tractable engine would be bad thing.

The race edition has some different porting and a dual map switch. I've heard it's more aggressive than my 13' 300rr that has the dual map put on .. plus got all them groovy scalvini pipes etc to add on etc .. The guy that I bought my 300rr bought a 14' race edition and gave me a little feedback on the differences.

All the world enduro guys rip on mx tests so why not anyone else? I figure it will be easier to ride.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I race MX with the OTHG and race SRA GPs, Vet Novice. I was on an 08 yz450f and just got a 300 Race Edition. LOVE IT! Still trying to get rid of the 4 stroke habits and remember how to ride a smoker but could not be happier with the Beta. I think for an older out of shape slow guy this is the perfect bike. It is simply very easy to ride. I can't speak for an expert level rider but I don't think you would be disappointed at all. I did get the Fox shock for mine after test riding Dave's bike, it is very impressive.

• Like 1

I race MX with the OTHG and race SRA GPs, Vet Novice. I was on an 08 yz450f and just got a 300 Race Edition. LOVE IT! Still trying to get rid of the 4 stroke habits and remember how to ride a smoker but could not be happier with the Beta. I think for an older out of shape slow guy this is the perfect bike. It is simply very easy to ride. I can't speak for an expert level rider but I don't think you would be disappointed at all. I did get the Fox shock for mine after test riding Dave's bike, it is very impressive.

Got any video?

Well I am outa shape and turning 29 tommorow so I still try all the big jumps and stuff but I've been a smoker rider my whole life, sounds like the beta race edition is a safe bet. Now all I need to do is get that raise at work...

Well I am outa shape and turning 29 tommorow so I still try all the big jumps and stuff but I've been a smoker rider my whole life, sounds like the beta race edition is a safe bet. Now all I need to do is get that raise at work...

Yea unless you can wheel and deal buying and selling stuff to take a chunk out of the big price and take a loan for the rest..  and believe me.. You don't know what being out of shape is. ..add a few decades and tell me how you feel.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Hehe it's this damn desk job... I'll probably sell my cr to get some cash up for it as well as saving. Dave is really good to me also we'll figure it out.

• Like 1