Sign in to follow this  

bike has oil blown all over motor!

So I was practing my starts at the track and I come back to find oil all over my motor and rear tire. Does oil come out of the overflow when you push it too hard? I hope I didn't break my bike...

Probably... mine will do it on first start after an oil change every once in a while too. Stupid ratio rites are never wrong.

Did it make a mess on your motor? I actually had to add a little oil after all that blew out. I'm going to change my oil again to make sure it didn't get all foamy.

not my motor but it got all over my rear wheel and swingarm. PITA to clean up none the less. Where did you find it on your motor? Just the bottom or did you get it everywhere?

not my motor but it got all over my rear wheel and swingarm. PITA to clean up none the less. Where did you find it on your motor? Just the bottom or did you get it everywhere?

It got everywhere, and my rear tire. I'm starting to wonder if it was even coming out the crankcase vent and not somewhere else.

Yea, that is why I asked. It shouldn't have gotten to your motor if it came from the breather.

Any ideas?

Oil pump maybe, I'm not sure if there are oil lines that make it to the surface like the older designs? Gasket fall off when you installed the filter? Can't really think of much else that you would not have noticed. Have you had your exhaust off lately?

Edited by BDubb106

Oil pump maybe, I'm not sure if there are oil lines that make it to the surface like the older designs? Gasket fall off when you installed the filter? Can't really think of much else that you would not have noticed. Have you had your exhaust off lately?

I changed my oil right before I rode it and noticed the filter went on loose. Like it wasn't firm like my other oil filter I had. I used k&n this round. That was about it. Haven't have the exhaust off.

Check to make sure your filter cover still has a gasket. I've pinched them before and had a few drops of oil under it but it has never sprayed everywhere. I also haven't rode the bike with it like that either.

Make sure your spark plug is tight too! 

I'm going to have to go through it in detail tonight. It was a pain in the butt to clean it all off. I lost about 100ml of oil before I noticed it everywhere.

where on the motor?  I just had my oil seal on the countershaft sprocket start leaking--threw oil on the chain, in the caseplate, and all over the left side of the engine.  But not the right hand side. 

I would check the valve cover gasket first, these do leak if you have been in there a few times.

Is the bike using water? could be a blown head gasket, that has blown into the timing chain area and pressurising the oil and then blowing back out the intake valves (this happened to me)

Check the sprocket shaft seal and the gearshifter shaft seal also

Dude before you start tearing your bike apart. Look at the crank case over flow pressure tube. The thick black one hangin out the back. Now follow that hose up toward the Throttle body. There will be a black mesh wrap around the crank case hose. Now under that black mesh, there are some factory holes in the hose. Check if the oil is blowing out through there. If so, this will explain why its getting all over the place. This has happened to me before. The issue is too much oil.

• Like 1

Yeah guys I went through the bike. Changed the oil, put the right amount and no leaking. I definitely put too much in. Bike is running solid. Thanks for all your inputs. Im a noob lol

• Like 2

Gotta get the hose away from the tb. Ditch the mesh and just clean it up. Just do a straight shot like this.

1401766544257.jpg

• Like 2