Sign in to follow this  

XR250Y

Hi all, I have recently bought a 2005 XR250Y. Its like a cross between a XR250L and a CRF, imported from Japan I believe. It has an aircooled xr engine with electric start as well as USD front forks and crf plastics. I was wondering if anyone else has a Y model XR as I believe they are fairly rare. There us very little info online about them and most of it is in Japanese. I'm looking for anyone who has one or can share some knowledge on it, as looking for aftermarket parts can be difficult. Will attach pics when I figure out how/am not using my phone.

Thanks, it is exactly what I'm after, xr reliability and service intervals with good looks and handling. Using it to teach the missus to ride, very forgiving bike. Replaced the L headers with the larger diameter R headers, opened the airbox, protaper hangers. I want an aluminium bashplate but I am not sure if the R plate will fit with the electric start, hence the post. I have some questions regarding jetting in the pumper carb also. Cheers.

• Like 1

The tank is steel. The Y model is the Baja model apparently. The shrouds are cool but will make it difficult to find replacements if they break.

Great bike!! You can source most parts on eBay, except the tank itself. As for bash plates, B&B is an Australian company that makes one to suit the XR4 with e-start so I would assume their 250 guard would also accommodate e-start. I would source a crf front fender just to sharpen it up that little bit more.