Sign in to follow this  

Burning anti-freeze in my CR125R

I've only taken it out a few times since I brought it but have to add a pint if anti-freeze before every ride. I'm fairly new to the two stroke game and appreciate any feed back.

I've only taken it out a few times since I brought it but have to add a pint if anti-freeze before every ride. I'm fairly new to the two stroke game and appreciate any feed back.

You need a new head gasket possibly.

If you are burning a considerable amount of anti-freeze, you would see white smoke.

You either have a bad head gasket, or simply a hole somewhere in your coolant line.

Check your water pump to make sure that's not leaking it out as well.

Mostly coming out of the overflow when I first run it then slows down to just about nothing. I noticed today it was a little cloudy when I filled it.

If it's coming out of the overflow then that's simply boil over-

It's a way to level out any overfill that you have in there. Are you sure you are losing a lot? if you fill to the very top, its going to boil over and get rid of any excess. You only need enough antifreeze to cover the fins inside.

I am filling it to the top maybe I am just over filling it. It's all sound advice, thanks guys.

I am filling it to the top maybe I am just over filling it. It's all sound advice, thanks guys.

You are def overfilling then- and the runoff is 100% normal.

If it didn't run out, it would boil and cause so much pressure that you would pop the top right off.