Sign in to follow this  

California shaver lake to mammoth mt

ANY BODY MAKE THIS RUN? JUST PICKED UP A PLATED KTM 450..PLAN ON TRYING TO GET TO THE BLUES AND BREWS FEST! WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND STAY ON TRAILS MOST OF THE WAY..THANKS!

ANY BODY MAKE THIS RUN? JUST PICKED UP A PLATED KTM 450..PLAN ON TRYING TO GET TO THE BLUES AND BREWS FEST! WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND STAY ON TRAILS MOST OF THE WAY..THANKS!

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

I don't believe you can get from Shaver to Mammoth going west to east. I think you need to take the long way around.

your right you can't.there is wilderness in between, you have to go up and down to mammoth. there used to be trails that did this before,in the good old days.

your right you can't.there is wilderness in between, you have to go up and down to mammoth. there used to be trails that did this before,in the good old days.

Yup, in 1984 they expanded the Ansel Adams Wilderness area that that closed the gap between the Ansel Adams & John Muir Wilderness areas.  If you can find a pre-1984 map of the Minarets Wilderness area (what it was called before it was expanded and renamed in 1984) you will see that there was a gap that was NF land where the Devil's Postpile is.  I believe there were horse pack trails that crossed over in that area.

yes, there were horse trails. Thank our Dem Senator Alan Cranston for making this a wilderness area. They also cut off the trail from Porterville area to Kennedy meadows as well.