Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech Vapor programming problem

I just got a Vapor for my DRZ and wired in all the sensors, power etc. but I can't get into the programming menu. 

The manual say to get into the programming menu you hold all three buttons down, and after 3 seconds it will flash all the digits on the screen and you can program tire size and stuff. 

Here is a youtube video where someone enters the programming mode, and I am doing the same thing. but mine does not flash or anything, the screen just stays as if it were running. 

**NOT MY VIDEO**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OxHZ-8h9t38#t=340

But it does not work. 

-I verified all three buttons actually do something EDIT: ACTUALLY THEY DONT ALL WORK!

-I tried a hard reset (Button on back)

-I tried a trip reset (hold left two buttons)

-I tried disconnecting the 12v power

Is it broken?

Edited by PhantomD

Well, I failed to notice that the left button does not work… 

I assumed it worked since I could do what I thought was a trip reset, but it's the exact same screen if you press and hold the menu button for 3 seconds.

SO, I tried to process a return through Amazon and I could not because it's "hazardous material" (because of the magnets I assume)

AND since it's the weekend, "the special department that handles returns of that nature" is closed… they offered to call me back on monday, but I will be on vacation and without use of my phone all week… Oh, an no e-mail either. 

I can't win.

I really hope I don't have to un-install all the wires to return it. I want to do an exchange and just swap the face. We will see.