Sign in to follow this  

Yz85?

Just curious if any of you all ride a YZ85. I bought an 05 for my to be wife as a wedding gift after doing some research. She grew up on a farm and rode all through her years growing up and wants to get back into the sport. I rode all my life, but quads, and currently run a 400ex.

She's 5'2" 22yrs old.

My friend had a YZ85 as a starter dirtbike. It would be great to bomb around a field with, but for trail riding, it was way more difficult to ride than any of our other bikes. It just had such spazzy power to it that it was hard to finesse it around anything technical. Totally depends on where you're riding though, because it could be a lot of fun. :)

My friend had a YZ85 as a starter dirtbike. It would be great to bomb around a field with, but for trail riding, it was way more difficult to ride than any of our other bikes. It just had such spazzy power to it that it was hard to finesse it around anything technical. Totally depends on where you're riding though, because it could be a lot of fun. :)

Thanks for the input! I experienced the snazzy power first hand when I picked it up. Compound fractured the inside ball of my ankle lol.

She has about 11yrs logged on her TTR125.

She said she wanted a track bike. Well...she got one.

Thanks for the input! I experienced the snazzy power first hand when I picked it up. Compound fractured the inside ball of my ankle lol.

She has about 11yrs logged on her TTR125.

She said she wanted a track bike. Well...she got one.

CRF150RB with flywheel weight, bigger pilot jet and Rekluse been my wife's XC bike since 09. Will go slow without fouling a plug does not die and will runn top gear with the 125's