Sign in to follow this  

Trader?

Sad to report but there could possibly be a trader in the midst! My riding buddy tom called me this morning and hesitantly informed me that he's been contemplating selling his sweet, low, low mileage 2001 drz kicker!:o:o To that I replied, what would you ever replace it with. His answer.....yamaha wr250r! Says he really likes the fuel injection option , cush hub and no valve checks for the first 26, 000 miles!:blink: We both keep up with Mark Sampson's exploits at www.bigdogadventures.com. Hehas ridden his 250r to Alaska and all over the USA, accumulating nearly 50, 000 miles with only a fuel pump replacement. I'm a little shocked but to each his own. Going from around 45 hp to 23 is quite a difference. These damn forums anyway, gives fellas all kinds of ideas.;);)

1401555680649.jpg

• Like 2

Sad to report but there could possibly be a trader in the midst! My riding buddy tom called me this morning and hesitantly informed me that he's been contemplating selling his sweet, low, low mileage 2001 drz kicker! :o:o To that I replied, what would you ever replace it with. His answer.....yamaha wr250r! Says he really likes the fuel injection option , cush hub and no valve checks for the first 26, 000 miles! :blink: We both keep up with Mark Sampson's exploits at www.bigdogadventures.com. Hehas ridden his 250r to Alaska and all over the USA, accumulating nearly 50, 000 miles with only a fuel pump replacement. I'm a little shocked but to each his own. Going from around 45 hp to 23 is quite a difference. These damn forums anyway, gives fellas all kinds of ideas. ;);)

Does this mean you could possibly have another DRZ !  :smirk:

• Like 2

Every time I see an open face helmet like that it reminds me of Jeff Ward.  :blah:   Oh yeah, that's a really clean bike !   :thumbsup:   You'll be posting pics of it in your garage by Monday.  :devil:

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 3

youll miss it!

Edited by ukele6
  • Like 1

Every time I see an open face helmet like that it reminds me of Jeff Ward.  :blah:   Oh yeah, that's a really clean bike !   :thumbsup:   You'll be posting pics of it in your garage by Monday.  :devil:

or sooner, hahahaha.

LMAO on the cowasaki......really like how the light mounts! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

Every time I see an open face helmet like that it reminds me of Jeff Ward. :blah: Oh yeah, that's a really clean bike ! :thumbsup: You'll be posting pics of it in your garage by Monday. :devil:

Yeah he's got ds helmets, but he's an old shcool racer/rider and is always rocking the retro style.

• Like 2

Well he did it. He bought one of those blue bastards. Tom defected into Yamahopper camp. Bought a new wr250r today and all I hear is brag brag brag about the 6th gear. yadda yadda yadda. Its ok. When I blow by his ass rolling up a big ass hill, blaring my loud ass powercore 4 at him. Hell be sorry. :o:o

• Like 5

Every time I see an open face helmet like that it reminds me of Jeff Ward.  :blah:   

Reminds me of harassing said rider for his poor results after leaving Big Red. He got really mad at me.  ;)

• Like 1

Well he did it. He bought one of those blue bastards. Tom defected into Yamahopper camp. Bought a new wr250r today and all I hear is brag brag brag about the 6th gear. yadda yadda yadda. Its ok. When I blow by his ass rolling up a big ass hill, blaring my loud ass powercore 4 at him. Hell be sorry. :o:o

In fifth gear, no less..................................  :lol:

• Like 2

Looks Ok .. It looks Choked up too

The stealer remapped it when he bought it. The exhaust looks huge , kinda reminds me of the Husky Terra. Lol. It definitely needs a slip on and I think he will do in immediate future. I hate the hang down tailight eyesore. Hideous!:blink::blink: There again, it's in the works. He's already got 700 miles and has just gotten rid of the nasty carbon steel handlebars and replaced with renthals. Prepping it for annual Colorado trip in 3 weeks. That 6 gear though, have to admit, is sweet on the blacktop. High revving little dude but surprisingly torquey.

• Like 1

Here she blows

I don't know anything could look worse than the whale tail on the back of the DRZ, but apparently I was wrong.  That rear fender assembly is hideous!!!

• Like 3

I was reading this trying to figure out where the trading came into play...then I realized it was supposed to be 'traitor' ;)

• Like 3