Sign in to follow this  

KX250F 2013 oil level

Hi there!

I recently changed the oil level on my kx250f 2013 and I poured about 0.9-1L in total into it. The oil window shows the level is juuust above the upper mark, the line - is that correct?

Really anxious about it being too high or low, what is the perfect level?

Thanks!

Erik

Hi there!

I recently changed the oil level on my kx250f 2013 and I poured about 0.9-1L in total into it. The oil window shows the level is juuust above the upper mark, the line - is that correct?

Really anxious about it being too high or low, what is the perfect level?

Thanks!

Erik

850 cc no filter change and. 900cc with filter change. Stock oil capacity is not enough oil.

I find the best is to run the bike a minute then switch off but keep the bike level, wait 5 minutes and the oil should be just below the top line  

I find the best is to run the bike a minute then switch off but keep the bike level, wait 5 minutes and the oil should be just below the top line

why wait so long? Dump 850 or 900cc and ride off
  • Like 1

850 cc no filter change and. 900cc with filter change. Stock oil capacity is not enough oil.

Is this for all KX250F's or specfic years?

Thanks.

Jeff

why wait so long? Dump 850 or 900cc and ride off

Because i check my oil every time i ride and change the oil every 10 hours, i want to be sure the level is correct.  

I never even look at that window......I put in 1000ML and ride it like mentioned earlier. I change every 5hrs thou. Been doing it since 2011........

I change my oil usually every other ride, depending on conditions- using rotella. It's like $3.25 a change, so why not.

I change my oil usually every other ride, depending on conditions- using rotella. It's like $3.25 a change, so why not.

best preventative $ you can spend. I change mine every ride.
  • Like 2

Because i check my oil every time i ride and change the oil every 10 hours, i want to be sure the level is correct.

I guess I would to if I changed my oil every 10 hours. But he was talking about filling, which I said you dump the right amount and go instead of this lengthily process of warming, waiting then checking. You measure and go on the initial.

I have an 08'. Change my oil every 5 hours. Use Amsoil 10-40. Fill and run on the stand for a couple minutes and add if needed. Have never measured but it would be nice to know the correct amount with an oil filter change so I could just change it and go for a ride. I will measure how much I drain the next time.

Jeff

You change your oil every 5 hours Shawn

No, every 10 hours, but i dont use cheap oil, only run full synthetic bike oils.     

No, every 10 hours, but i dont use cheap oil, only run full synthetic bike oils.

synthetics aren't the best thing to run over your clutch.

synthetics aren't the best thing to run over your clutch.

Bike specific synthetics do not affect clutch performance.

Car synthetics can cause clutch slip from the friction additives added to the oil.   

Bike specific synthetics do not affect clutch performance.

Car synthetics can cause clutch slip from the friction additives added to the oil.

hmmmm Reklus and Hinson now are steering people away from them.

hmmmm Reklus and Hinson now are steering people away from them.

Thats interesting as i had a rekluse in my 450 and the put on 350 hours on the rekluse with the same plates and used semi and full synthetic oils changed every 15 hours.  

Thats interesting as i had a rekluse in my 450 and the put on 350 hours on the rekluse with the same plates and used semi and full synthetic oils changed every 15 hours.

Ask them, they recommend Delo or Rotella in their clutch.