Sign in to follow this  

rmz450 Vortex ECU settings

Need a little help!!

If you have a X10 ecu on your rmz450 what settings do you run? Mine is a 2012 and I just got one of these boxes and am looking for some start up settings.

I have one on my 2011 love it! Very easy to adjust. Not sure what you want to know? You should have got a sheet with the maps and what they do. The other trims are like a carb for jetting.

You should have got a sheet with the maps and what they do. The other trims are like a carb for jetting.

Thats what I'm missing... so, I dont know what any of the maps are or adjustments.

Need more information old D...Stock or modded bike? The maps are tested/optimized depending on your current setup and what gas you run.

• Like 1

Thats what I'm missing... so, I dont know what any of the maps are or adjustments.

Did you buy it new? IF so you can go back to who you bought it from and have them mail it to you or you can go to Vortex's website and I think you can print it out. If that doesn't work out I have the sheet and will help you out. I have mine set on map No.9 best overall power, but my engines stock there is a map for high compression piston if you have one it's for a piston over 13.5

I bought it used.... and the paper work had been lost. My bike has cams, porting, with a hi comp piston.

old D if you have latest mapping

1. best overall power (2012)

2.traction enduro map 1 (2012)

3.traction enduro map 2 (2012)

4.Linear power map 1 - (Hi-comp) (2012)

5. Power map 2 (Hi-Comp) (2012)

6. power map 3 (Race Motor)

7. Power map 4 (Race motor)

8.Power map 3 (2012)

9.Best overall Power map 2011

0. standard map + higher rev limit

6 and 7 are for Race motor + Pipe

Hope this helps!

Just take a screw driver out,run a lap and click to a different map. No need to shut bike off. Heck I even setup the low trim while its running. Very simple to use and you cant really mess up unless you would go extreme lean. It will mostly likely bog and feel terrible if you get too lean. I like the overall power mal on my rmz290bb bit right now I am using a tweaked PC mod motor map. The midrange hit is really strong and it feels like a tprquey 2 stroke.

old D if you have latest mapping

1. best overall power (2012)

2.traction enduro map 1 (2012)

3.traction enduro map 2 (2012)

4.Linear power map 1 - (Hi-comp) (2012)

5. Power map 2 (Hi-Comp) (2012)

6. power map 3 (Race Motor)

7. Power map 4 (Race motor)

8.Power map 3 (2012)

9.Best overall Power map 2011

0. standard map + higher rev limit

6 and 7 are for Race motor + Pipe

Hope this helps!

Thank you!!! That helps a ton!!

Just take a screw driver out,run a lap and click to a different map. No need to shut bike off. Heck I even setup the low trim while its running. Very simple to use and you cant really mess up unless you would go extreme lean. It will mostly likely bog and feel terrible if you get too lean. I like the overall power mal on my rmz290bb bit right now I am using a tweaked PC mod motor map. The midrange hit is really strong and it feels like a tprquey 2 stroke.

Thanks, but my track time is limited and I was looking for a starting point. I did some fuel adjustments and they worked well. I cant wait to twist a few more knobs and see what it does...

Thank you!!! That helps a ton!!

Thanks, but my track time is limited and I was looking for a starting point. I did some fuel adjustments and they worked well. I cant wait to twist a few more knobs and see what it does...

old d let me know which one you like best. These ignitions are awesome!