Sign in to follow this  

45 Pilot to a 42?

Bike bogs at the snap of the throttle. It has a 434 kit, cams, fcr-mx (with oring and wire mod), and mrd/ssw. I am at sea level in FL. I noticed on the dyno it was super rich at idle and wouldnt die with the fuel screw turned all the way in. Will a 42 pilot be the answer?

Bike bogs at the snap of the throttle. It has a 434 kit, cams, fcr-mx (with oring and wire mod), and mrd/ssw. I am at sea level in FL. I noticed on the dyno it was super rich at idle and wouldnt die with the fuel screw turned all the way in. Will a 42 pilot be the answer?

It wouldn't hurt to try it. Some guys have reported the need for a #42.

No reaction to fuel screw = next size smaller pilot jet required

What cams, needle, clip setting and main jet.?

Open pipe.?

You can probably kill any motor with an FCR by snapping the throttle open fast enough from an idle. Being rich on the pilot will help it to take throttle off idle. It's getting a big gulp of air and the fuel can't keep up.