Help me identify this machine

Hey all, found this...thing...on CL.

Looks a YZ250. Has USD forks so I think its post 1990. Im gonna do some google-fu and see if I can figure it out but wanted your guy's input.

EDIT: Would appear to be from '89-'96. Cant figure out which.

How much does the guy want for it?  Might be worth if for parts.

You can pick that frame clean and make your money back on eBay for used parts.

Or you can jerry rig it and ride it as is.  You'd be surprise how little it actually needs. :devil:

How much does the guy want for it? Might be worth if for parts.

You can pick that frame clean and make your money back on eBay for used parts.

Or you can jerry rig it and ride it as is. You'd be surprise how little it actually needs. :devil:

I offered him $50 for it. He knows absolutely nothing about bikes. "Best offer takes it" and I got to the posting 3 hours after it was posted. I told him "$50 is what I might get out of it in scrap if its not worth it".

I offered him $50 for it. He knows absolutely nothing about bikes. "Best offer takes it" and I got to the posting 3 hours after it was posted. I told him "$50 is what I might get out of it in scrap if its not worth it".

Hmm, $50 isn't much, you should of offered him $100.  If you look at the picture, you can even see the seat on the ground next to the bike.  If you look at the bike, it's only missing the seat.  If this deal fell on me, I would probably buy it off the guy for as much as $200, then I'd fix it up and sell it for $600 and triple my money.  You don't have to put money into it, just effort and some elbow grease.  These are the kinds of bikes I'm always looking for to flip.  This one looks like a mess, but believe me in a couple of days, ok make it a week, I can make that bike look new again and running, or at least good enough to re sell for more cash.  :devil:

He doesn't? Given the prestine condition I must say I am shocked!