Sign in to follow this  

Help me figure out the year of this YZ250

Hey all, might've found a new craigslist project.

Its a YZ250. Would appear to be from '89-'96.

Thats just my research, owner knows nothing about it.

Looks like a lost caused to me...If I were you, i'd make a quick shopping list of what you need (plastics, bearings, top end/bottom end etc...), see if you want to spend that much. Then double it, because you know there are going to be some gremlins in there...

• Like 1

Looks like a lost caused to me...If I were you, i'd make a quick shopping list of what you need (plastics, bearings, top end/bottom end etc...), see if you want to spend that much. Then double it, because you know there are going to be some gremlins in there...

Eh, maybe. Worst comes to worst I just part it out. Orrrr keep certain parts and do some fabricating and do something cool.

Eh, maybe. Worst comes to worst I just part it out. Orrrr keep certain parts and do some fabricating and do something cool.

A friend of mine gave me a 1982 YZ125 (radiator on the triple clamps, free spinning motor, working suspension, all plastic accounted for), and i thought it would be my winter project. Pulled the motor out and apart, and when I reached over $1000 in engine parts alone, i decided to just make it pretty and put it in the man cave.

Good luck

• Like 1

A friend of mine gave me a 1982 YZ125 (radiator on the triple clamps, free spinning motor, working suspension, all plastic accounted for), and i thought it would be my winter project. Pulled the motor out and apart, and when I reached over $1000 in engine parts alone, i decided to just make it pretty and put it in the man cave.

Good luck

Thanks man