Sign in to follow this  

My 01WR really seems to want to push through corners

Whenever I am on softer dirt and I try and take a corner a little faster than I normally would it seems like the front is wanting to push out of the corner so I really have to fight it around, any ideas on how I can fix it?

Suspension, tire pressure or riding ability. Identify which is the problem. Fix accordingly.

I think that I need to raise the forks to try and get the back a bit higher because the bike is already on the tall side for me

"The bike is already on the tall side for me" doesn't cut it.

Set rear spring preload to achieve 100 millimeters of suspension sag from full extension when you sit on the seat.

This is a critical setting if you want the bike to turn on a dime.

The front forks come standard with a line about 5 millimeters down from the top of the tube set level with the top of the triple clamp.

Be sure to bleed any air pressure build-up in the forks before you start your ride.

Have you just bought the bike?

Any kooky suspension mods done?

I bought the bike a couple months ago and I've never don't suspension work before. I read somewhere on TT about how raising the forks the 5mm made a huge difference. The bike is set up for someone who is 6' and 190lbs, but when I sit on it it seems to sag much more than a cm( I way 130lbs). Is the sag measured from the seat? Any advice at this point is really helpful to me

Thanks,

IceBox

Edited by IceBoxWillys

I recently bought a bike, not my first, and it had the same problem.  I adjusted sag and fork height in the clamps and problem was solved.  Well, now it might be twitchy but this stuff is fixable.  It's just part of setting up a bike.