Sign in to follow this  

First date with my new girlfriend....she isn't a virgin now.

Took her out to Hackberry Lake OHV today. Rode easy for about an hour. Stopped and changed the oil and put the spare air filter on.

Then I took her back out to see if all the hype was true. I can honestly tell you to believe the hype about this motor. It pulls HARD all the way through 5th. It hits hard on the low end as all the reviews have stated.

The thing I really like though is how well this thing corners. Some have scoffed at the gas cap being under the front of the seat. I love it. With the center of gravity where it is and sliding all the way up I was able to stay at speed way longer going in and then just pinning it coming out. Love it!

Only put it down once. Looped out on a big damn rock near the top of the hill. Saw it too late as I was trying to avoid a deep washout. Tried to pin it to get over, hit it just as I pinned it. Looked like a beautiful rocket ship right before I hit the ground.

Need a new front brake lever now but god bless fuel injected bikes. Didn't even die. Going out again tomorrow. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401576375.175319.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401576385.726372.jpg

• Like 6

Too much bike for ya. You should give it to me:)

To quote Heston: You'll have to pry it out of my cold...dead...hands. Granted it may not take long for that to happen.

Ah man :( What did you do??? jk

That metal on the silencer sure looks thin :confused:

Its just the angle of the picture. The way it hit it probably should have put a hole in it. It's solid.

Its just the angle of the picture. The way it hit it probably should have put a hole in it. It's solid.

Well the main thing is YOU are ok. Those loop outs don't usually work out too good for me....but I'm gettin' old :(

Well the main thing is YOU are ok. Those loop outs don't usually work out too good for me....but I'm gettin' old :(

Just a bruised knee some I'm good. I'm not a spring chicken myself. That's why I have almost very type of protection there is except for a neck brace. Soon.

Just a bruised knee some I'm good. I'm not a spring chicken myself. That's why I have almost very type of protection there is except for a neck brace. Soon.

Yep, me too....knee guards, elbow guards, kidney belt, boots, chest protector, neck brace, helmet, googles, and gloves...

But it still seems to hurt more than it should :( Looped my bike out a week ago when I was screwing around doing slow wheelies...missed the rear brake and came back and over. Heard a very loud pop as I fell onto my knee. My leg actually bent past it's range and damaged my MCL and Miniscus. I was pretty scared and thought my season was over. I was supposed to start physio today, but rode my bike instead and it seems to be getting better :) I gotta stop going home hurt or the Mrs. Is going to stop being so supportive of our riding :)

Be careful out there man ;)

• Like 2

Yep, me too....knee guards, elbow guards, kidney belt, boots, chest protector, neck brace, helmet, googles, and gloves...

But it still seems to hurt more than it should :( Looped my bike out a week ago when I was screwing around doing slow wheelies...missed the rear brake and came back and over. Heard a very loud pop as I fell onto my knee. My leg actually bent past it's range and damaged my MCL and Miniscus. I was pretty scared and thought my season was over. I was supposed to start physio today, but rode my bike instead and it seems to be getting better :) I gotta stop going home hurt or the Mrs. Is going to stop being so supportive of our riding :)

Be careful out there man ;)

If it makes you feel any better, I sneezed on my way home and thought I tore an abdominal muscle. Sucks getting old. I got divorced about three years ago after 24 years of marriage. I keep my new bike in the living room as a conversation piece. I also figure it lets the ladies know I'm not looking for a long term relationship. Win win! :)
  • Like 4

Shoulda just thrown the bike on its side in the flat soft dirt, get that initial digger out of the way.

I've heard awesome things bout the new Yamadawgs. My buddy finances one, he'll let his truck go back first before his bike since he's in such a financial hole now!! God bless bikes--they get fixed before the rent gets paid.

• Like 2

Do the new 14 yz450f turn better than the 10-13

just feels like a truck now instead of a freight train.

new dirt bikes...not for long

They are never new for more than 12 months.  Or--never new for more than two rides, especially if you crash in the pipe and pretzel twist the brake lever.

Then there's me.  My first ride on my first brand new bike was painful.  Riding hard enduro with brush and bushes everywhere, the bike looked a year old when I was dun.  That's when I reprioritized my current paradigm thinking and focused on maintenance over "pretty."  Like my marriage post a sec ago.. maintenance is long lasting and truly fulfilling, whereas pretty is the new exciting infatuation of marriage that fades away.  lol

Edited by LovingOffroadPain
  • Like 1

So u basically don't have to come to a complete stop them things lol