Sign in to follow this  

White/orange oil

Just drained my yz85 and the oil looks semi white. I don't think its water but I have no way of knowing. I'm the picture, it shows the middle somewhat white, that's where the stream of oil was falling in to the pan. I'm worried it's water, I rode in the mud with some very small streams recently but never got even close to submerging it. Is there a way to tell if it's water? I haven't noticed a change in performance but haven't ridden in the past week or so. I will put fresh oil for this weekends ride and change it afterwards to see if its still turning white.

Thanks for the advice

1401577777065.jpg

do a compression test. This might show If you have a bad head gasket.

Yep, definitely water. And it doesn't take much at all to turn your oil into chocolate milk, so the coolant level may not have dropped much.

It's the inner water pump seal, not sure why you insist it isn't. The head gasket on a two-stroke can't cause coolant to get in the tranny oil.

• Like 2

Yep, definitely water. And it doesn't take much at all to turn your oil into chocolate milk, so the coolant level may not have dropped much.

It's the inner water pump seal, not sure why you insist it isn't. The head gasket on a two-stroke can't cause coolant to get in the tranny oil.

+1 water pump seal. Chokey's right an ounce of water will make a gallon of oil look like that especially churning it like butter through the tranny gears. 

• Like 1