Sign in to follow this  

Direct experience w/leatt Hands free

After seeing several pro riders using these hands free watering systems I decided to give it a go. I purchased the leatt hands free system & made it work with my 100 oz bladder system. I installed the system on an Arai vx4 helmet. Begrudgingly, I drilled a whole into the wire mesh on the right hand side of my $700 helmet. Then I slipped the hose through the mesh & installed the mouthpiece. Now the test, I put the helmet on & with the mouthpiece next to my mouth but not on it, per instruction from leatt over the phone. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to reach it to sip water. Other than leaving it in my mouth which was not suggested I don't know what I'm missing. The helmet & hose move with my head so I just can't figure out any other way. I don't know anyone who owns one if these systems & I've call leatt several times with the same answer on how to use the system. Does anyone own one if these that could give me an idea of what I may be doing wrong? Frustrated!

That's not the issue. I can't access the bite valve while just standing in place. Even with it sitting right near my mouth. What's the point of hands free if I have to take my hands off the bar. Seems like a list cause. Ill have to see this first hand to understand why I'm having an issue.