Sign in to follow this  

Stage 1 intake cam, stock exhaust cam?

Does anyone have experience this? What is there to learn about this setup? Is there any adjustments that need to be made to the stage 1 intake cam so that it can work well with the stock exhaust cam?

That setup will work fine. If you have an E exhaust cam, you probably would never notice a difference by changing to a HC exhaust cam.

If I am using the stock model s exhaust cam and the stage 1 intake cam do I need to adjust the stage 1 cam?

Does anyone have experience this? What is there to learn about this setup? Is there any adjustments that need to be made to the stage 1 intake cam so that it can work well with the stock exhaust cam?

Which stage I cam?

2003-1IN

2047-1IN

2251-1IN

Reason I ask is any of them can be used with the stock exhaust cam, and the 2047-1IN and the 2252-2IN have the same profile.

Just wondering, is there some benefit to just running a stage 1 intake cam with the stock exhaust cam? 

I should probably use the search function, but figure OP asked about the setup.  Just wondering why?

Stage 1 Intake should give you more low end, stage 1 exhaust gives you more mid and top end and ever so slightly takes away low end (un-noticeable).  I did stage 1 exhaust and stock intake together, looking for more mid and top - didn't even have to adjust shims!  It was perfect and valve specs are still good 10,000 miles later.  Throw engine assembly lube all over that new cam and bolt it in - an hour or two job.