Sign in to follow this  

Making purchase on Monday Need opinions ASAP

So I have 3 options all brand new from dealer

2012 yz450f 4900 with trade

2013 crf450r 5400 with trade

2014 yz450f 5900 with trade

Which would you do.

Is there really something worth the $1000 price tag difference in the yamaha's?

I vote 2012

IMO. Yes. For starters, I won't even bother to compare it with the 2012 YZF :rolleyes: .

I'll compare it with the 2013 Honda. Around 10HP off the show room floor. 2014 Honda is around 48HP. 2014 Yamaha is around 58HP and with much better suspension.

Honda needs an after market pipe to make decent power. In most cases the 2014 Yamaha is best with the stock pipe. So, the 2014 Yamaha just got cheaper than the 2013 Honda. 2014 Yamaha has so much torque you could use it for pulling out tree stumps. And the list goes on.

$500.00 more for a currant model. Bargain! IMO, It's a no brainer :goofy:.

Let's get serious. Are you really gonna be happy with a 2012 Yamaha when you can have the 2014 Yamaha. Spend the 1K you'll save on the 2012 and it still won't be as good as the 2014 out of the create. And the 2013 Honda will end up costing more than the 2014 Yamaha in the long run  :facepalm: .

Yamaha got it right this year. I Vote 2014 Yamaha   :devil: .

BTW. I'm a Yamaha critic. Never liked an MX bike they've made until now and I've been riding for 39 years.

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 1

IMO. Yes. Just for starters, 10HP off the show room floor. 2014 Honda is around 48HP. 2014 Yamaha is around 58HP and with much better suspension.

Honda needs a pipe to make power. Yamaha is best with the stock pipe. Yamaha has so much torque you could use it for pulling out tree stumps. And the list goes on

I Vote 2014 :devil: .

My question was just between the yamaha bikes only. The honda is out of the question. What makes a $1000 difference between a 2012 and 2014 yamaha? Pure curiosity here....

My question was just between the yamaha bikes only. The honda is out of the question. What makes a $1000 difference between a 2012 and 2014 yamaha? Pure curiosity here....

Other than the 2 years better resale value. The fact that the 2012 was a POS failure :lol: . 2 years worth of R&D :thumbsup: .

Assuming It's within a few of years and he looks after it. He'll get his 1K back when he sells the 2014.

Edited by AddictedToBling

$500.00 more for a currant model. Bargain! IMO, It's a no brainer :goofy:.

Let's get serious. Are you really gonna be happy with a 2012 Yamaha when you can have the 2014 Yamaha. Spend the 1K you'll save on the 2012 and it still won't be as good as the 2014 out of the create. And the 2013 Honda will end up costing more than the 2014 Yamaha in the long run  :facepalm: .

Yamaha got it right this year. I Vote 2014 Yamaha   :devil: .

BTW. I'm a Yamaha critic. Never liked an MX bike they've made until now and I've been riding for 39 years.

thats what I was thinking. So the 12 Yz is a failure?

I rode a 2014 yz450 at demo days. My 06 Honda 450 feels faster.

Mate just bought the 2014 Yamaha and already owns the 06 Honda. He "Thinks" the same thing ;) . The fact it does feel slower is actually what makes it so good   :thumbsup:   

If he still has the 06, do some drag racing just for fun.