Balancing suspension

Does anyone have a different method than mine to balance the suspension.

The way I was told is to stand next to the foot peg, hold the bike strait up with only one hand on the bar with the front brake on and push down on the peg with yout feet. But when I do that most of the time the back goes down more than the front, in order to make both wheel go dosn at the same time I have to push more towards the front of the peg.

Well, I would make sure I had the right springs in there first. You could use something like this http://racetech.com/VehicleSearch to find out what is in there and what, at least Race Tech, reccomends. Then, be sure the sag is set up properly - Here is a simple overview: 

If both of those are set up correctly, the bike should be balanced.

There is no right or wrong. There is no simple check. There are many variables all working individually, and the goal is to get them working together. Spring rates, fluid viscosity, fluid volumes, pressures, friction, valve firmness, linkage ratios, chasis geometry, just to name a few.

Measuring your sag is probably the first step and will let you know if the springs are in a range that is workable. Even then there is no right or wrong, but it gives you a point to work from. Once the springs are right you can work on fork position in the clamps, along with fork spring preload and shock preload. These will depend on the chasis and its geometry and also your own personal preference and where you position yourself on the bike. Then the rest is fine tuning how the suspension works.

Jumping up and down on the bike in the shed won't tell you a whole lot, unless if something is a fair whack out of spec. You'll get a lot more feedback from riding the bike, making changes (one at a time), and experiencing what they feel like.

• Like 1

The springs rate are for my weight. All the sags are as they supposed to be.

Right now the back suspension is good so I think I WILL soften the forks since I ussually do not use the all the fork travel in the sense tht I never bottom down there is always arounf 3- 4 fingers left. (I have an oring on the fork leg)...

P.s. I forgot to mention that I only do woods (enduro)..