Sign in to follow this  

best replacement clutch basket 02 250?

I am looking to replace the basket in my 450 atm so I have done a little research, and all over the place people recommend barnett with stainless steel inserts. Look it up..

this is what im installing in my '03 cr250. Light and durable.

Lifetime warranty against notching? Are you serious?

http://www.wiseco.com/Powersports/ClutchComponents.aspx

"We will stand behind all Clutch Baskets, Inner Hubs, and Pressure Plates by offering a LIFETIME WARRANTY if they were purchased after 1/1/2009. This warranty covers breakage and notching and covers the original purchaser when proof of purchase is presented directly to Wiseco Piston Inc."

For what it's worth...I'm replacing mine w a Rekluse Basket. I looked into all of them and the Rekluse seems to be the best option for me.

I think wiseco and hinson are both top of the line parts. You can't go wrong w/ either.

The hinson uses a brand called Alkadize for hard coating whereas the Wiseco uses a generic hard coat.

Alkalize adds anticorrosion, thermal resistance, and dielectric properties that are beyond the conventionally-coated aluminum.

Wiseco adds a forging process to its alum to increase strength, whereas Hinson uses a high quality 6061 alum, which has a high magnesium and silicon content to increase strength.

And, re: lifetime warranty. I wouldn't factor this into the consideration. At those prevailing prices, It's either going to be your last clutch basket you put on the bike, or it's not. So choose wisely.

Finally, if you can buy a rekluse cheaper than those two, then you may as well, since rekluse doesn't really sell enough to manufacture its own baskets; it gets them from someone else, probably either from Hinson or Wiseco. JMHO.

Edited by jeddclampette

Finally, if you can buy a rekluse cheaper than those two, then you may as well, since rekluse doesn't really sell enough to manufacture its own baskets; it gets them from someone else, probably either from Hinson or Wiseco. JMHO.

Yeah you really can't go wrong with any that was mentioned but I think you're wrong with Rekluse not making their own bakets.

"bullet.jpg REKLUSE CLUTCH BASKET                     

The Rekluse baskets offer the absolute best in durability and performance. Rekluse exclusive cushions offer the greatest longevity, protecting your clutch and transmission under the most extreme circumstances.

Coupled with unique Rekluse hourglass shaped tangs and machined with precision tolerances to protect against notching, our baskets stand alone above anything currently on the market. Tested and developed in cooperation with Factory FMF/KTM offroad race teams.

Features/Benefits:

bullet.jpg Enables better clutch modulation 

bullet.jpg Extends clutch life, extreme durability 

bullet.jpg Replaceable high wear cushions 

bullet.jpg Reduces clutch chatter/squeal 

bullet.jpg Made of 6061 billet aluminum and hard anodized 

bullet.jpg Machined to highest tolerance standards"

You don't have to take your motor as far apart to install / uninstall the Rekluse basket if that matters to you. It's slightly smaller in diameter and fits through the hole.... I have one in our '03 but I've never taken it back out. If I ever do though, it will be easier than the other brands.