Sign in to follow this  

HELP! 2013 250 xc KTM bogging?

well here is the story.... Never mind ill just show you. No idea what could be wrong. Jetts are clear, reeds dont have cracks or chips missing, Power valve is opening and closing. This is the 1st ride on the clean air filter. so it should be fine. I also noticed that the drool of the exaust or spooge if you call it that.was all the way down the silencer it is typically around 1/4 inch below the hole out the end... So im stumped... I did try a new plug and it didn't help either. bikes got around 100 hours on it. The only thing i can think of is that i over oiled the air filter?? (Bike was working fine last weekend but it did give a few tiny bogs but thats just because i thought it was a dirty air-filter so that's why i cleaned it.((it was dirty))) any input would be fantastic! 

-Tyler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajhkGWWHtIY&feature=youtu.be

well here is the story.... Never mind ill just show you. No idea what could be wrong. Jetts are clear, reeds dont have cracks or chips missing, Power valve is opening and closing. This is the 1st ride on the clean air filter. so it should be fine. I also noticed that the drool of the exaust or spooge if you call it that.was all the way down the silencer it is typically around 1/4 inch below the hole out the end... So im stumped... I did try a new plug and it didn't help either. bikes got around 100 hours on it. The only thing i can think of is that i over oiled the air filter?? (Bike was working fine last weekend but it did give a few tiny bogs but thats just because i thought it was a dirty air-filter so that's why i cleaned it.((it was dirty))) any input would be fantastic! 

-Tyler

Sounds like to me it is having a weak spark. My 300 was doing that right before the plug fowled. I would check for good clean blue spark, then if not that, ignition timing, then maybe jetting specs?

Sounds like to me it is having a weak spark. My 300 was doing that right before the plug fowled. I would check for good clean blue spark, then if not that, ignition timing, then maybe jetting specs?

My 2007 honda cr125r used to do this when it was in need of a top end for some reason, and it would spit a pile of oil like you have stated above and would have a wicked bog like yours in the video. i would replace the top end which is quite affordable and it would run like a top again. whens the last time you replaced the top end?. also you should clean your filter every single ride and if u have a couple extra $$ invest in a few dust covers made by twin air and you can tear them off half way through the ride when they get dirty. just my 2 cents

My 2007 honda cr125r used to do this when it was in need of a top end for some reason, and it would spit a pile of oil like you have stated above and would have a wicked bog like yours in the video. i would replace the top end which is quite affordable and it would run like a top again. whens the last time you replaced the top end?. also you should clean your filter every single ride and if u have a couple extra $$ invest in a few dust covers made by twin air and you can tear them off half way through the ride when they get dirty. just my 2 cents

Its the origional piston it just turned 100 hours so the piston should be good and im not one to scream the motor.

So i did some more digging around on the bike and i looked at the spark arrestor it is the screen type that i just bought to make it "legal". The Stock XC silencer doesn't come with a spark arrestor. its just replaces the OEM end cap with a screen that fits inside but anywayyy...... That thing was pllllluuuggeeedd uppp! i mean super plugged you couldn't see daylight through it period... so my guess is that when i was riding it was like riding with the butt plug in it i cleaned it up with some gas and carb cleaner and its as good as new. My buddy said his buddy had the same thing happen to him so im really hoping this is the issue. and its not anything that's going to cost me any money... Im going to rip it up and down the street once the air filter oil dyes and ill let you all know what happens.

so after ripping up and down the street a few times. The problem has dissipated It was the clogged spark arrestor..... Sooooo happy this was the problem and there wasnt any $$$$ that needed to be spent!