Sign in to follow this  

Anyone had a wiseco crank in there 4 stroke recently

I had wiseco in my old crf250. Never rode it much but had at least 100 hours on it. A buddy has one in his 08 crf250r and it has 400+ hours now with no problems. Great cranks wouldn't put anything different in my stuff unless I had to

Even if you paid me I wouldn’t use another Wiseco crank!  Had a Wiseco crank snap just behind the flywheel in my son's bike after landing a jump, lucky he didn’t get hurt.  Just do a search and you'll find countless horror stories for these poorly made cranks.

• Like 1

Used one cost me the whole motor after just 8 hours lower rod snaped of they are total crap and wiseco will not help you out when it goes bang go OEM do a serch its been coverd over and over.

Avoid them, as you can see there are mixed reviews. Te reason for the mixed reviews is because where they are made, there are too many defective products made and some people get good parts, some get the defective ones. Wanna take that risk??

I've put them in peoples' bikes and they haven't had problems. I'll give you the most down-to-earth answer: You're going to get mixed reviews with ANYTHING. You can get a Wiseco crank and it grenade after 5 hours, or you can get an OEM that can grenade after 5 hours. Wana know who knows how long any crank will last? GOD, haha. Pick what you want man.. No matter what you have, the risk of them grenading is always there.

Oh yea I forgot to mention, I have rebuilt two bikes now (YFZ450R, and a CRF250R), both had snapped connecting rods. The CRF rod broke at the big end, YFZ broke in the center of the rod. Both were OEM cranks. Just to further emphasize the fact that ANY crank can fail in ANY way.