Sign in to follow this  

MISSING GEARS AFTER REBUILD?

Rebuilt my 01 125 top/bottom but not it wont get  1st or 5th so what I do wrong and how to fix this??

Rebuilt my 01 125 top/bottom but not it wont get 1st or 5th so what I do wrong and how to fix this??

Transmission is either put together wrong, or its your shift drum/shift forks, or it could also be the shift shaft. Check everything with a manual or diagram, make dure you have all parts in the correct spot/order, one little thing and it doesnt function as it should.

You will most likely be splitting the cases again to fix this. Next time, before you bolt the cases together, verify that the transmission will shift through all gears. Or, you can place the case halves together as if doing final assembly but leave out the case half gasket, put just a couple bolts in to hold the case halves together, and then verify that the transmission shifts through all gears. If it works, pull the one case half, put your gasket in, and finalize assembly.

It is very easy to put the trust washers in facing the wrong direction, or in the wrong location. Same goes for the snap rings. Use a Honda Service Manual to verify that everything is in  the correct location, and in the correct order.