Losing a ton of oil?!

So I understand you lose some oil as you ride but I put about 800ml in mine every other weekend. ( only ride one day a week ) and I have no leaks. Then yesterday I changed oil. Warmed up bike until radiators were hot and bike was warm. And drained oil. Only 200ml drained out! I waited like 20 min with bike level. If I put 800ml in and 700 or 600ml cool. But 200ml what gives!? Thanks in advance. Getting worried.

• 2 weeks later...

So another thing... The last two times I've rode blue smoke comes out until it's warmed up. Another thread said that's normal for a Kawi but it never use to do that. Second I just checked valves. They were off a bit. Got those good but also the last two times I've rode it takes me for ever! To get it to start. Once it's warm it's good to go. It will also like kinda start but not "catch" if u will which is making me think the piston and or rings are bad aka not sealing or enough compression. Thoughts? Thanks for the help man it's much appreciated big race in a week and I'm getting nervous on realability of bike.

So another thing... The last two times I've rode blue smoke comes out until it's warmed up. Another thread said that's normal for a Kawi but it never use to do that. Second I just checked valves. They were off a bit. Got those good but also the last two times I've rode it takes me for ever! To get it to start. Once it's warm it's good to go. It will also like kinda start but not "catch" if u will which is making me think the piston and or rings are bad aka not sealing or enough compression. Thoughts? Thanks for the help man it's much appreciated big race in a week and I'm getting nervous on realability of bike.

honestly I'd put a too end in it. Not expensive and quick to do

check compression as mxracermx recommended . . . then check the weep hole on the right side of the cylinder.  If oil is coming through the spark plug seals, it drains into the plug hole and out that weep hole.  You can lose a lot of oil in a short period of time from that phenomenon.  Good news is, it is easy to fix.  Of course, the smoke indicates a possible ring issue, so ya, freshen up the top end.  Probably time anyway.

Can u explain the weep hole check to me a little more plz. I'm taking bike a part today and check over everything. Got new piston rings and gaskets on the way. So getting her prepped for new gear.

There is an o-ring that seals the spark plug hole between the cam cap and the head.  If that fails, you loose a lot of oil from the head out of the spark plug weep hole, which is on the right of the cylinder.  That was my whole problem on an 11 KXF.  Losing tons of oil every ride.  Scary until I found the problem.  One o-ring.  

There is an o-ring that seals the spark plug hole between the cam cap and the head. If that fails, you loose a lot of oil from the head out of the spark plug weep hole, which is on the right of the cylinder. That was my whole problem on an 11 KXF. Losing tons of oil every ride. Scary until I found the problem. One o-ring.

Hmm I just had the top off head and don't think I saw one but I also may just never noticed. It goes between the cam cap and head? I'll have to check tonight. Thanks man. Where was the oil going? Into cylinder and burning?

Hmm I just had the top off head and don't think I saw one but I also may just never noticed. It goes between the cam cap and head? I'll have to check tonight. Thanks man. Where was the oil going? Into cylinder and burning?

No, there is an o-ring between the bottom of the cap and the top of the head.  If that is missing or damaged, oil just pours out of the head and ends up in the spark plug hole, which drains through that hole on the right side of they cylinder.  Then it goes into the ground, and you wonder where it went.  

No, there is an o-ring between the bottom of the cap and the top of the head. If that is missing or damaged, oil just pours out of the head and ends up in the spark plug hole, which drains through that hole on the right side of they cylinder. Then it goes into the ground, and you wonder where it went.

I'm tracking, just checked the spark plug hole last night no signs of oil just some dust. Thanks for the help dragon. I always see you posting stuff. Good info and advice. Not a lot of people take time to educate others.

I'm tracking, just checked the spark plug hole last night no signs of oil just some dust. Thanks for the help dragon. I always see you posting stuff. Good info and advice. Not a lot of people take time to educate others.

I do my best.  If you go to Rocky Mountain and look in OEM you can find diagrams.  The part number that was a problem for me was 92055-0729 (2012) it is under "cylinder head".  Good luck bud.