Sign in to follow this  

IMS, Clarke, or Acerbis gas tank

I want to get a black tank for my '07 300 XCW and 

would like to hear opinions from guys that have had good or bad experiences with either the Clarke or IMS tanks

I couldn't find an Acerbis for my model......

Thanks

Ray

I have the Acerbis on my bike and love it. but if you cant find one then not really sure.

why would you want black? with a clear tank you can see the gas level... black you can not. That and a bigger tank are the reasons I went to a clear Acerbis tank

The main reason is to "de-orange" it...after 50 years of riding I found removing the cap and looking inside has worked for me......I decided to go with a black IMS  

Thanks for responding.....

Ray

I hope you haven't ordered yet. Hardly a ride goes by without me cursing the black tank. You can't see anything in there!

As far as shape, I prefer the ktm tanks. They are significantly narrower than the Clark and Ims tanks. The Clark is wider but does not offer significantly more capacity, and it sits higher as well. It does offer easy plug access however. The ims offers good capacity, but it is wide.

I've settled on the ktm Xc tank. It offers enough capacity for me to get through a harescramble, and it is no wider than an sx tank. The only real downside is the black color if you need to see the level.

Edited by rpt50

I've had 4 IMS tanks and they always seem to be better quality and just fit and flow better than the Clark and acerbics tanks some of my friends have had. I'm sure you will e be happy with the IMS.

Everyone in Nevada I know preferred the I MS tanks for the slimmer feel and better construction

Also I have the black tank as well and I hate not being able to see how much fuel I have