Sign in to follow this  

Crf230 vs ttr230

Just wondering... Are there any differences at all between the crf and the ttr? All of my friends have a crf and they are actually fun with the right upgrades. I seen a good deal on a ttr230 and I'm just wondering if there is much comparison between the two or if one is better than the other in your opinion.

Thanks

Virtually the same. I think the ttr may have a few pounds on the crf. But it's not noticeable. Both good bikes for their purpose. You can't kill them. And you can get them dirt cheap.

Just wondering... Are there any differences at all between the crf and the ttr? All of my friends have a crf and they are actually fun with the right upgrades. I seen a good deal on a ttr230 and I'm just wondering if there is much comparison between the two or if one is better than the other in your opinion.

When I was looking to purchase one of these two bikes last year my researched revealed neither one stands out above the other. In the end I ended up purchasing a CRF230 not because it was better but rather because I found a CRF230 in the condition for the price I was willing to pay. If I had come across a TTR230 first I'd have bought it. IMO either one is a great bike and I wouldn't worry about which of the two to get.