Sign in to follow this  

Oh goody. My...

...new chain and sprockets came in yesterday. JT sprockets 15/41 with the 41 being black in finish. The Volar chain is green...Green for GO! LOL!  I thought I would give the Volar o-ring chain a try. 9800 ft/lb strenght supposedly. Cheap ebay purchase. $65.99 with free shipping. We will see how it lasts... :)

• Like 3

Bought one of those colored chains before off ebay, turned out to be junk.

• Like 2

i had a master link come undone on a wheelie with a EK..(could have been install error)

heard a bang,bike drops down

i thought my bike blew up,,lol every gear was like neutral..

i looked down and entire chain was coiled up above gear shifter( and i was running no chain saver protector thing for the case :facepalm: ..luckily it just nicked it, i use that thing now hahah)

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 2

i had a master link come undone on a wheelie with a EK..(could have been install error)

heard a bang,bike drops down

i thought my bike blew up,,lol every gear was like neutral..

i looked down and entire chain was coiled up above gear shifter( and i was running no chain saver protector thing for the case :facepalm: ..luckily it just nicked it, i use that thing now hahah)

Every time I've ever seen a clip style master fail was because of an installation error. Try putting a dab of silicon over the clip to hold it next time

• Like 4

Every time I've ever seen a clip style master fail was because of an installation error. Try putting a dab of silicon over the clip to hold it next time

That is exactly what I do. RTV Gray has the best bonding strength of all availible

• Like 2

Main problem with the clip master links is peeps use pliers or screwdrivers on them. The clips bend out of shape easy and lose their holding power. What is needed is Master Link Clip pliers. Special tool that works great. They have them at like CycleGear for cheap.

Another reason I like rivet type master links. They stay put...

Edited by Jim BurnCycle Abbott
  • Like 2

Main problem with the clip master links is peeps use pliers or screwdrivers on them. The clips bend out of shape easy and lose their holding power. What is needed is Master Link Clip pliers. Special tool that works great. They have them at like CycleGear for cheap.

Another reason I like rivet type master links. They stay put...

With ya on that one Jim......where we ride out in the boonies, you just have to eliminate all the things that could fail.......... :smirk:

• Like 1