Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake can't keep pedale pressure

I have a 2013 450sxf. I bled the brakes and had good pedal pressure when on the stand. When I was riding, I pumped twice and the pressure gradually released until it was gone.. I rebels the brakes with same results.......I'm thinking I've got to rebuild the master or the caliper....not sure which one, neither leaks.

Don't think you can buy a rebuild kit from ktm anymore , they want to sell you a complete master , maybe a seal stockist may sell them if you take one in to compare

A friend of mine just bought a master rebuild kit.  Pretty sure that they are still available.  Kits are pretty cheap. 

bay this (ktm 54813064200 ) and see if its fits . this is the only part that wears.

2013 KTM shouldn't be having brake problems unless it's been abused and ridden in the mud a lot.  Sounds like you have air trapped in your brake fluid. Have you tried using a vacuum type bleeder?  You can try this, replace your brake fluid with new fluid, bleed your brake, then wrap a bungee cord around your brake lever so the brake is engage and leave overnight.  The constant pressure should push the air bubbles out of the brake system.

most time it is the rubber cup (bellows) from the master cilinder thats feals . most time it the owner his own fallt . when you replace brake pads or take the wheel out and you press the brake caliper piston all the way in ,and when you want to set the system on presure ,do not puth the brake pedal down fast ,but do it easy and slowly to buld the pressure up . when you do it fast it can distroi the rubber bellows. when you dissamble the pump and the bellows have a scarf in it.