Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Whos had a wiseco crank in there 4 stroke and whats it saying

I don't I have not used them but the things I have read have been mixed reviews with things like the crank webs being different sizes etc I think they are made in Taiwan so the quality can be mixed it will probably need to be balanced etc but some people have said they are fine so god knows how much is a oem Honda crank?

2 stroke not bad. 4 stroke. Hell no. OEM isn't much more and it's light years ahead quality wise.

• Like 2

I would never run a wiseco crank in any of my bikes. OEM would be my first choice and anything but wiseco would be my second choice. They may have sorted out their issues with the cranks but I will never trust one again after I watched one blow out the bottom of the cases on my buddies CRF. The crank snapped just below the wrist pin 3-4 hours after installing a new piston. Crank had roughly 50 hours on it.

I let my OEM Honda crank go for 400 hours before I decided it was time to replace it. There was no failure I just felt it was time. There is no reason a crank should fail with only 50 hours.

• Like 1

There are all sorts of videos on YouTube showing the runout on a fresh weisco crank. It's gross. How anyone buys one is beyond me.

• Like 1

Wiseco is all I run in my 4strokes never had any problems out of em. One friend also put one in his 08 crf250r along with wiseco high comp piston and kibblewhite black diamond valves and springs, his bike has over 450 hours now of hard riding with 2 valve adjustments and it's just now starting to smoke. I'd say they're pretty good cranks for sure

Ain't no damn crf250r doing 450 hours without 5 top ends and 3-4 cranks. regardless of what's in it. Even if it just idles around all day hahahaha.

• Like 2

One friend also put one in his 08 crf250r along with wiseco high comp piston and kibblewhite black diamond valves and springs, his bike has over 450 hours now of hard riding with 2 valve adjustments and it's just now starting to smoke. I'd say they're pretty good cranks for sure

You may get lucky and get a good Wiseco crank, although the odds are very, very slim.  I wouldn't recommend 450 hours on a crank no matter what the riding conditions, that's the equivalent of a grenade with the pin pulled!  Also, I think your definition of "hard riding" varies greatly from mine.

• Like 1

Wiseco is all I run in my 4strokes never had any problems out of em. One friend also put one in his 08 crf250r along with wiseco high comp piston and kibblewhite black diamond valves and springs, his bike has over 450 hours now of hard riding with 2 valve adjustments and it's just now starting to smoke. I'd say they're pretty good cranks for sure

Sorry but theres no way he has 450 hours on a wiseco crank and piston and its still runing on a crf250r of hard riding thats at least 5 pistons and 3 good cranks in my book.

• Like 1

Dunno just who had one in a 4 stroke and have they been any good or junk

the pistons are good and made in Ohio the cranks are made in China and will blow faster than a 10 dollar hooker
  • Like 1

Sorry but theres no way he has 450 hours on a wiseco crank and piston and its still runing on a crf250r of hard riding thats at least 5 pistons and 3 good cranks in my book.

He put an hour meter on it when it was rebuilt from top to bottom I personally know the owner very well and his hour meter nor the crank,valves an piston have been changed in 450+ hours. He just got a good crank and piston I'm guessing. He rides the bike at least 10 hours every weekend. Not track riding but hill climbing such. It's been on a track a few times though.

You may get lucky and get a good Wiseco crank, although the odds are very, very slim. I wouldn't recommend 450 hours on a crank no matter what the riding conditions, that's the equivalent of a grenade with the pin pulled! Also, I think your definition of "hard riding" varies greatly from mine.

Yeah I was shocked that he ran it that long I guess he just got super lucky. It's getting a complete rebuild soon though. Same setup this time. I'm sure it won't last as long this go around. Nothing ever does, my friend that did the rebuild rebuilt it in 2011 Edited by Tiffanii24

Guess some people are luckier than others guys. But on another note, I don't plan on running mine for 450 hours or even close to that,I've seen too many honda 250s insides blown apart. so about how many hours do you guys think I can do with a wiseco crank and piston on a 2010 crf250r before needing rebuilt?

Edited by Tiffanii24

Guess some people are luckier than others guys. But on another note, I don't plan on running mine for 450 hours or even close to that,I've seen too many honda 250s insides blown apart. so about how many hours do you guys think I can do with a wiseco crank and piston on a 2010 crf250r before needing rebuilt?

Like I've said in other posts, you couldn't pay be enough to put another Wiseco crank in any of our bikes.  I wouldn't even take one if it was FREE!

I've personally experienced 2 crank failures in my sons CRF250R. The 1st time the rod snapped, which I thought was a fluke, the 2nd time the crank snapped right behind the flywheel. We're just lucky he didn't get injured.  I've also had a close friend who's Wiseco crank lasted less then 20 hours before the big end bearing came apart... and that was ridden by a beginner rider.  

Looking at Wiseco's website, they no longer list a crank for any CRF250R above year 2007.... that must tell you something. 

In my opinion, you're a fool if you use a product in a high performance race motorcycle that has countless documented failures.

• Like 4

Like I've said in other posts, you couldn't pay be enough to put another Wiseco crank in any of our bikes. I wouldn't even take one if it was FREE!

I've personally experienced 2 crank failures in my sons CRF250R. The 1st time the rod snapped, which I thought was a fluke, the 2nd time the crank snapped right behind the flywheel. We're just lucky he didn't get injured. I've also had a close friend who's Wiseco crank lasted less then 20 hours before the big end bearing came apart... and that was ridden by a beginner rider.

Looking at Wiseco's website, they no longer list a crank for any CRF250R above year 2007.... that must tell you something.

In my opinion, you're a fool if you use a product in a high performance race motorcycle that has countless documented failures.

I haven't ever had a crank failure in my bikes yet but I'm gonna definitely dread when I do. That's crazy All I've ever seen from wiseco cranks is the rod snapped about halfway up or at the very bottom. I didn't know they stopped making em for crf250r's past 07. I have a hotrods in my 2010 now with maybe 20 hours on it and the piston. Valves are unknown. I just want to know about when to rebuild it. Heard some people say 100 hours and some say 50 max.