Sign in to follow this  

xcw 200 Power Valve - Not Your Regular Question

Hey all, this is my first post on the KTM side of TT.  I recently bought a 2007 xcw 200 (my 1st 2-stroke) an am very happy with it.

I hope you can provide some info for me.  While attempting to adjust my PV for the first time I impulsively didn't read the instructions closely and turned the inner 8mm bolt instead of the outer 26mm power valve adjuster.  I quickly realized I did the WRONG thing when the adjuster mark didn't move in the view slot in the other side of the case.  A website I later read said "DON"T TOUCH THE INNER BOLT".  See below.  I tried to turn it back to the original position but don't think I got it there.  Any idea what that 8mm inner bolt does?

Did I mess it up?  Can I start it?  I don't even want to try to start the moto till I know I won't slam out a bunch of parts inside because I threw off some timing or tolerance.  I don't know 2-strokes very well yet, I guess the learning process starts here.

Any insight you might have on the predicament I got myself into will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  -David

PVAdjustment.jpg

Edited by Enc_1

Thanks guys?  

That's OK,  KTMtalk came through for me.