Sign in to follow this  

Another artrax tire thread

I just ordered a mx pro artrax front tire.  With the money saved basically gave me the money to get a liter of 927 premix oil which isnt cheap!  Anyway with so many different tires from artrax was wondering what you guys found to be the best?  I ride prepped and ripped motocross tracks primarily.  But they go from being soft, deep and watered to dried out and baked depending on the day and track.  I would prefer it to be at its best in slimy and prepped/overwatered conditions as most tires seem to handle the dried out tracks well enough, but some are like ice skating when its watered and all. 

Im hoping to get along with the artrax tires as thats a very serious savings.  Ill start buying the combos for both my bikes if they prove to be pretty good.  

They grip well in wet conditions if you get the pressure set properly, model isn't too important for front tire since they all have a similar build.

But they dont last as long as others brands. I hear mounting is a bitch if you're not good at it. I can give you tips on that if you need.

They grip well in wet conditions if you get the pressure set properly, model isn't too important for front tire since they all have a similar build.

But they dont last as long as others brands. I hear mounting is a bitch if you're not good at it. I can give you tips on that if you need.

Mine mounted up really easy , better than the michelins i had before . 

IMG_2155.JPG

Mine mounted up really easy , better than the michelins i had before . 

Glad to here it! A lot of guys say they suck to mount but i think it's mostly operator error. 

Mounted up very easily for me, first ride was satisfied with it. Not ecstatic or stoked on its grip levels, but it kept me shiny side up and has potential.

I've have used 3 or 4 sets. Seems to me like the tires are way out of balance. And don't grip well. Casual off roading beat it up tire I would recommend. For racing MX and jumping find something better.

I bought an SX1 for the rear, and the TG4 for the front and they mounted easily and hook up great! They don't neccesarily wear fast but they aren't no dunlops. But with the money you save they are worth it in my opinion

• Like 1