Sign in to follow this  

Oil change period

How many hours do you usually change your oil,book says 15 but I used to change the YZ at around 8.Is the kawi oil a good quality?The book also recommends Castrol 4t,this oil I can get here fairly cheap is it a good alternative?I used to use Mobile 1 mx4t in the YZ but its not a cheap oil,I don't want an oil war here so please stick to the topic.

I usually change mine every 5 rides or so, but thats because im paranoid. Also, Shell Rotella T.

• Like 1

I change mine around 10-15 hours. for me this can be anywhere between 8 and 10 rides. I use shell fully synth oil. Nowadays most oil is as good as another so I just get whats cheap but a decent brand.

the kawi oil here actually isn't that expensive,$2 cheaper than the last oil I was using in the yz.I know the yamalube oil wasn't that great but how does the kawi oil stand up?Its a full synthetic and if its good I would rather run something made to be used in the kawi.

i do mine every three i know that might be overkill but i would recamend klotz mx4 for oil