Sign in to follow this  

Oil Leak (Not CS)

I've been periodically leaking oil only when my bike's been ridden and then parked and the drip eventually ceases. I inspected my shift lever the other day and saw a buildup of oil around the shift lever and fresh oil where the shift lever connects to the crank case. There is also quite a bit of play with my lever (not sure if that's normal or not with SMs). ANOTHER leak I've noticed is from the airbox. I know that when there's too much oil it regulates itself and pumps oil out, but I measured in two quarts last oil change and is still dripping continuously.

If the oil is likely leaking from my shift lever, what's the part needed to remedy that problem, just a basic o-ring or seal?

As always, I appreciate all responses,

Bloc/CarsOnCars

There is a seal within the engine case for the shift shaft. It's pretty small and can be a bear to take out... Once you remove the shift lever and washer behind it, you should see the seal.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response BMWPower, would you also happen to know the part number for the shift seal? Been running around 3 different sites looking for this and nothing :(