Sign in to follow this  

Put a crack in fuel tank, any fix for this or needs a new one?

So i took my right side radiator plastic off when i was putting the bolts back in i forgot to add tbe washer and i tightened it and went through into the tank. Is there any fix for this? It leaks gas like crazy :(

So i took my right side radiator plastic off when i was putting the bolts back in i forgot to add tbe washer and i tightened it and went through into the tank. Is there any fix for this? It leaks gas like crazy :(

you might have used the longer bolt when you put it back on. i think someone jb welded theirs. i think anthon berg did it to his. not sure if it was him though. it was a guy from "over there" though. 2 guys did it in the same week though. so maybe we should expect someone else to do it soon..

Edited by jawknee21

you might have used the longer bolt when you put it back on. i think someone jb welded theirs. i think anthonberg did it to his. not sure if it was him though. it was a guy from "over there" though..

hmm well im gonna take it off and look at it. Im glad i spoted it before i took off i could smell fuel and sure enough i seen fuel going down the tank lol

hmm well im gonna take it off and look at it. Im glad i spoted it before i took off i could smell fuel and sure enough i seen fuel going down the tank lol

yea. he said his was pouring out. i dont know why they wouldnt make it thicker there or use shorter bolts for all of them its too easy to mix up one of the long ones with the top holes..

yea. he said his was pouring out. i dont know why they wouldnt make it thicker there or use shorter bolts for all of them its too easy to mix up one of the long ones with the top holes..

me either, ill keep updates on what i find and do

so yeah i &%$#@!ed it up. Im pretty sure jd weld can repair this?

so yeah i &%$#@!ed it up. Im pretty sure jd weld can repair this?

not sure. im looking for the old post to see what he did. what color tank is it? someone in so cal has to have one...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/984478-urgent-problem/?hl=%2Bbolt+%2Btank+%2Bfuel#entry10305770

Edited by jawknee21

not sure. im looking for the old post to see what he did. what color tank is it? someone in so cal has to have one...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/984478-urgent-problem/?hl=%2Bbolt+%2Btank+%2Bfuel#entry10305770

im pretty sure it can kinda like what marquez said with good prep the hold isnt that big so im guess with a good surface area of jb weld or some good putty it can hold it

put some jb weld and it fixed the fuel leak! what a headache lmao

• Like 1

You might be able use some sugru

On second thought, it doesn't seem sugru will tolerate gasoline for long periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

Edited by Joehio
  • Like 1

Yep, that was me :)

I used some German-made equivalent to JB-Weld that I found ... good stuff ... Weicon Aqua ceramic-composite epoxy. No smell, no leaks, still holding up at least a year later.

Edited by Anthon Berg
  • Like 1

Yep, that was me :)

I used some German-made equivalent to JB-Weld that I found ... good stuff ... Weicon Aqua ceramic-composite epoxy. No smell, no leaks, still holding up at least a year later.

let see how long this jb will hold goid thing is it was the top bolt on the radiator plastic