Cr500AF Build

Today got the CR500af back with another new exhaust. Also bought a WP shock for it. Pictures follow!

I'm thinking to design a new front caliper for it, will need alot of stopping power for this bike!

oversized wave rotor should help

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any more updates?

Yes lots of updates, only not that much on the 500 bikes.

My time in 2015 was primarily spend on customer projects. The biggest project I've done was the development of a 50cc two stroke engine based on a KTM 50 sx. This is for a local hero (8 years old) who competes in the national junior motocross championship (and won the 2015 title). The engine is complete redesigned and fabricated, all new cases, crankshaft, conrod, clutch and so on and puts now 20.4hp at the back wheel! I cant post real pictures of the engine yet, because it's still in development. They will be for sale in February 2016.

ohqott.jpg

To finish my CR500 I need a new seat, does somebody got a nice one for sale?

29d7of7.jpg

The AF is completely disassembled, I was not satisfied with the results. From the start of the project I wanted to make my own engine. Now the 50 is pulling 70% more horsepower than stock, the plan is to design and produce a new 500 engine that fits in the stock CR en AF's.

In my quest for the A-kit suspension I finally found a set! A brand new 2016 shock and a 2008 spring front fork. The shock needs to be converted to fit the 2011 CRF frame. These parts are already finished and ready for anodizing. The fork is not the Pro Circuit version, but the real deal. The fork comes from a former Clement Desalle bike (GP rider). It got some wear on it, but it will do the job! When I got to a factory SFF fork the spring fork goes to the CRF.

243jlo6.jpg

The initial plan was to make a CR500AF dirtbike. But I already got two, so this will be a supermoto. I'm not sure what to do with the back-end of the bike. Make the swing arm myself, or buy a Suter swing arm. At one point the bike must be done...

The initial plan was to make a CR500AF dirtbike. But I already got two, so this will be a supermoto. I'm not sure what to do with the back-end of the bike. Make the swing arm myself, or buy a Suter swing arm. At one point the bike must be done...

Maybe contact Bormi Parts through Facebook. He is in Italy and already did various such prototype swingarms...if i'm not mistaken the one below is for a CR 500 Supermoto!

He also does chassiswork for MotoGP...

23936753336_fbbc289d05_z.jpg

23667166720_c88d38fcde_z.jpg

Edited by nino

hey VDS you don't have anymore of those gas tank adaptor plates laying around do you? hahah I'm getting ready to make one but i really like the looks of yours lol

Nice that you like them, but I only made one of those. What I do have is this (and cheaper):

bhbzow.jpg

2iw7yat.jpg

This is a blank cap for the gen 5 tanks. If you are still interested let me know.

The bike is almost finished! Some final bits and pieces and he is ready.

- Custom radiators made by Luc Hezelmans (Belgium)
- Set Haan Wheels with Excel Rims
- Keihin 39mm PWK
- OEM engine rebuild, incl. complete new crankshaft
- Passivated all nuts and bolts or replaced with new OEM bolts
- CRF front fork and triple clamps
- Custom exhaust made by Van Hasselt (Belgium), Pro circuit silencer
- New OEM CR500 rear shock

The only original part from the donor bike (pity I didn't make a picture of it) is the airbox. All the other parts where scrap. So it was not a quick build like predicted.

Still looking for a nice black airbox...

e031j6.jpg

2hoy4js.jpg

2ekmbnk.jpg

znvcwo.jpg

w1rypd.jpg

wc1gjt.jpg

• Like 1