Sign in to follow this  

YZ80 bogs down

Please help me. 01 yz80, been running good. Today, get out to desert, it putts around fine, but when it's opened up, still screaming, but as soon as throttle is let up, it bogs and mostly dies. Get it running again, and same thing. No work has been done to it since it did run fine, last weekend. Jets clogged? Float off?

Thank you.

I tire the carb apart and cleaned it again. Didn't seem to have any clogs. Test ride was good. Maybe it was clogged, maybe an air leak, who knows, but it seems to be working now.

I tire the carb apart and cleaned it again. Didn't seem to have any clogs. Test ride was good. Maybe it was clogged, maybe an air leak, who knows, but it seems to be working now.

Float adjusted right? Could be starving it of gas.

Thought about that, think float is good, but the bike ran fine at putt around speed, ran fine going through gears opened for as long as you want, but when you slow down even a little bit, the bogging happens.

What is the correct float height?

Thought about that, think float is good, but the bike ran fine at putt around speed, ran fine going through gears opened for as long as you want, but when you slow down even a little bit, the bogging happens.

What is the correct float height?

Don't know. But you should buy a factory service manual for that bike. It would say.